PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titian
Carrier: Sprint

metson is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Discontinued Mogul

As much trouble as Sprint has been in lately, they would have to be seriously insane to discontinue the best thing they have going for them - the only Rev A phone out there. They need a hot product, and although I don't like waiting, it is good for the company.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

For what it is worth to you...

I have my Mogul through work and I am in charge of IT at my company. We currently have over 130 phones through Sprint and Nextel, so therefore we have a dedicated Regional Account Manager. In the past he has told me a number of things in confidence, all of which have been true so far. The most recent was an email that he forwarded me regarding the "everything" plan, which he sent me a little over a month ago.

I just talked to him and he confirmed that the Moguls are all being flashed with the latest Rom update prior to shipping, because the support department has been inundated with returns, due to people not following directions and bricking their phones. Apparently the retention department has also been slammed as well, by people who have bricked their phones and do not have insurance.

He told me that he has heard from the management in the support department that the turnaround time for back orders should be 1-2 weeks from the order date, give or take. Here's hoping for all your sake that it is give and not take.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Lurker

honeybrain is a n00b

I am unable to find both HTC Mogul and TOUCH

Touch seems like no updates then why off the sprint.com?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

Knucleheads insurance folks sent me another touch when I've been waiting for a mogul.
I already have the touch...
Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre

JBaker is a n00b

I just got my replacement phone, it was the touch. i get to use this and keep all the extra accesories that came with it then when my mogul comes i can send back just the touch and the battery. so i got a free charger and memory card out of it. lol

The touch is a very nice phone, but HTC was dumb to leave out the keyboard, typing on the touch sucks.

Last edited by JBaker; 03-19-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

Currently on the phone with the insurance folks. It seems they may not be able to get anymore moguls. According to HTC, there some issues with the inside of the Moguls.
So now I'm stuck, don't want the Touch, and I can't get the Mogul. Hopefully they can leave my order pending till a new HTC comes out that is comprable to the PPC6800.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre

JBaker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
Currently on the phone with the insurance folks. It seems they may not be able to get anymore moguls. According to HTC, there some issues with the inside of the Moguls.
So now I'm stuck, don't want the Touch, and I can't get the Mogul. Hopefully they can leave my order pending till a new HTC comes out that is comprable to the PPC6800.
They will be able to leave an order on backorder while they wait for the mogul. I called and had a very nice lady tell me that the touch is not comperable and do not know why they sent it out since there is no keyboard. but anyways. they are sending me the mogul when it comes in stock and in the mean time i get to play with the touch and keep all the accessories that came with it.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

blankd3ckskat3r is just getting started

my insurance was supposed to replace my mogul this week. I just got a touch in the mail nd called asurion nd they told me they don't think they're ever getting the mogul back in stock and ecare told me they discontinued it and so did telesales. mind you, they all told me this today as I was very frustrated that they sent me a touch instead of a mogul after promising me id get a brand new in the box mogul.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:39 PM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

iZm is a n00b

The Mogul has definitely not been discontinued. We get notification of all units coming to what is coined "End Of Life" status during our weekly Dealer Playbook conference calls. Don't believe the hype. It is most likely just a backorder issue (as indicated previously.)

Much Luv,
iZm
  • HTC Mogul (Sprint)
  • Samsung Instinct (Sprint)
  • Moto i580 (Nextel)
Old 03-19-2008, 07:43 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankd3ckskat3r View Post
my insurance was supposed to replace my mogul this week. I just got a touch in the mail nd called asurion nd they told me they don't think they're ever getting the mogul back in stock and ecare told me they discontinued it and so did telesales. mind you, they all told me this today as I was very frustrated that they sent me a touch instead of a mogul after promising me id get a brand new in the box mogul.

LOL untrue, they'll be back in stock, read a few posts up, they're true.

No one knows when exactly Asurion will have their stock.

I'm left with a Touch as well & verified that
I'll be receiving a 6800 on the stock returns, no added charges.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan