PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

JBaker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Discontinued Mogul

I got my touch... but cant use it because the ESN is in use. I dont now how since its a BRAND NEW PHONE!? assurian is confused so they are sending me ANOTHER touch!

I want to know how the phone is not activated or anything, but i still have internet access? I tried to call out but it says "welcome to america roaming network, your phone is not registered. you can only make collect calls or cards with your credit card."

I think im going to watch some Sprint TV and use the hell out of this phone since my name isnt on it.

Last edited by JBaker; 03-19-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

So is now a good time to call up to get my Mogul replaced under warranty? I don't mind waiting on a backorder, I'm just replacing cause the white spots are getting worse and the keyboard hasn't worked right since day one (I kept it at the time cause that was the only problem). I don't plan on accepting a refurb, even if they are fine, I paid for a new phone and that's what I expect.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JBaker is a n00b

Im not gonna lie..... im seriously thinking about cancelling my mogul order and keeping the touch... Im really starting to like it. its alot more responsive typing is kinda hard. but im getting the hang out of it..... so who knows,
Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

LOL J, I wish I felt that way. I'm actually feeling withdraw from a lack of buttons, a solid QWERTY & my 3200mAh battery.

OMG I must say the bluetooth is superb on the Touch & the 70MB RAM is beautiful.
I like how the screen is on this & the texture of the device itself, versus the Mogul.

Still not enough & too different for my tastes.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JBaker is a n00b

Gen go over to the touch forum, there is a nice keyboard that is getting good reviews. people are saying they can type very easily with one hand. the screen on the touch is SO much better than the mogul, and hopeful a rev.a/gps update will be released soon. i dont know im gonna play with it for the next day or 2 and see what i think. i loved my mogul, but the slimness of the touch is nice.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:17 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaker View Post
Gen go over to the touch forum, there is a nice keyboard that is getting good reviews. people are saying they can type very easily with one hand. the screen on the touch is SO much better than the mogul, and hopeful a rev.a/gps update will be released soon. i dont know im gonna play with it for the next day or 2 and see what i think. i loved my mogul, but the slimness of the touch is nice.
I use the iPhone-esc Resco Keyboard 5 Pro. Works peferctly, better on this than it did my Mogul. I wonder if its the screen or TouchFlo thats responsible for the improved accuracy of the keyboard?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman08 View Post
You can send them back till the cows come home, theres no policy they HAVE to send you a new one whether it was replaced in store or through Asurion. sorry thats the reality to it.
I know there's no policy, but I'm pretty sure I'll get what I want if I take it to retentions.

I'll prolly call tomorrow and try to get a backorder for a new one.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro

lilgrass71 is a n00b

i got a touch as a replacement. i was expecting a mogul but the rep said its a comparative model. NO ITS NOT! i bought a phone with 54 buttons! now i have 5! 49 buttons is a lot to miss!

on the side note. the touch is a nice phone. internally more powerful than a mogal but its more of a lesure phone and not a business/corp phone. i answer a lot of email since i run an ebay business. before i can do long paragraphs and probably handle 25-30 questions an hour. i tried to answer questions today and i can get through at most 8 an hour. i think i will have to call and ask where my 49 buttons are tomarrow morning
Old 03-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

LOL the 54 buttons remark is easily the funniest thing i've heard all day!!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman08 View Post
you cant demand a brand new phone unless its under 30 days you have no basis to do so. do you go buy a car and then 4 months later demand a new one when there's a problem or do they fix it? Threatening to cancel is a pretty weak thing to do to get your way though- its not always what you want when you want it. Be happy theyll replace it at all, if you had a Tilt on ATT youd be SOL right now. TEP/insurance isnt to abuse.

Theres also no difference between new and refurb they come from the same plant, same parts. all refurbs are put together from new parts anyways. the housings are brand new and prob a lot of the other parts too.

i think a lot of people here will agree. If you get a new one why shouldnt everyone else ask for one too?No need to create more of a backorder for new ones for others who signed up for sprint/paid full price and require a new one for being demanding
Well, I'm not abusing TEP or Insurance. It is manufacturer warranty. They can repair my phone if they want, but they aren't going to. If you go to a dealer, are you going to let them give you someone elses rejected and refurbished car under warranty because they don't want to fix your car?

I signed up for sprint and paid full price, and I've heard the horror stories of refurb phones. I just don't see why I should be expected to take a refurb because the new phone I received was faulty from the beginning.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan