PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Virtualboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul Out of Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orilga85 View Post
....of course i chosed the touch for the $50 fee....
Why would you choose the touch? I called Asurian 4/2 to replace my mogul and they said that would take an additional 3-4 business days, but it only took them two days. As of 4/4, I have my replacement mogul with 3.35 loaded on it and it only costed me the same $50.

-Virtualboy
Old 04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

wow! this is confusing.. so if i just happened to lose my phone lets say tomorrow. i will still be shipped a mogul. but with the new rom
Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

Correct.

Sprint is no longer shipping the Mogul with the old ROMs... every one that goes out will have the latest ROM now.

And just FYI - an insurance replacement that does not fall under factory warranty will cost $50 no matter what model you choose. Sometimes Asurion offers multiple models, sometimes they don't give you a choice.

Here are the standard replacement charges:

Without Insurance:
Replacement due to device malfunction within 30 days - $0
Replacement due to device malfunction outside of 30 days but within manufacturer's warranty - $55
Replacement due to physical damage - Full Retail Price

With Insurance:
Replacement due to device malfunction within 30 days - $0
Replacement due to device malfunction outside of 30 days but within manufacturer's warranty - $0
Replacement due to physical damage - $55

Hope that helps a bit.

CaptainX2001
Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Please note that all opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone; they DO NOT represent the opinions of Sprint Nextel. I am NOT authorized as an official spokesman for Sprint. Any information, answers, or advice I give is based on my knowledge and personal experience. Anything I post on these forums relating to Sprint Nextel is subject to change at any time.

Last edited by CaptainX2001; 04-07-2008 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO BABY!

jayj2k1 is a n00b

I just filed a claim myself and it took only 5 minutes. The lady said at the most it would be about 6 business days due to the fact that its on backorder. Now when it comes in, from what you guys are saying, it will have the new ROM?

And by the way, would I be able to transfer my contacts from 6700 to the mogul using ppc-pimbackup? I saved everything from my sd card to my pc, so I can just load it to the mogul when it comes in.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

alabij is a n00b

With the possible update of WM6.1, the Mogul may be available for a couple more months.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: Sprint Mogul Out of Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualboy View Post
Why would you choose the touch? I called Asurian 4/2 to replace my mogul and they said that would take an additional 3-4 business days, but it only took them two days. As of 4/4, I have my replacement mogul with 3.35 loaded on it and it only costed me the same $50.

-Virtualboy
apparently they are saying it is back order to cover themselves. but they are ussually shipping right away. they told me the same thing, and 2 days later after my request, My Mogul was home.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
apparently they are saying it is back order to cover themselves. but they are ussually shipping right away. they told me the same thing, and 2 days later after my request, My Mogul was home.
that is such great news becuz my phone got stolen today! and i called in and they told me 6 days and i almost died lol.. so thats good news to hear it might be as fast as 2 days
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

orilga85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualboy View Post

-Virtualboy

a lot of people are telling me the touch is better, the only thing i think i will miss from the mogul is the keyboard....i've had the mogul since it first came out it worked well for the first month and then down hill from there. don't get me wrong the mogul is a great phone but from what i see on reviews the different text features that the touch has can compensate.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orilga85 View Post
a lot of people are telling me the touch is better, the only thing i think i will miss from the mogul is the keyboard....i've had the mogul since it first came out it worked well for the first month and then down hill from there. don't get me wrong the mogul is a great phone but from what i see on reviews the different text features that the touch has can compensate.
I switched to the touch from the mogul about 3 weeks ago... The wifi and keyboard were nice but i can live w/o them. Esp with a bunch of programs installed and still booting up with about 70mb of free memory compared to about 17 with the mogul having same programs installed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan