PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: insurance question

I went to the store, girl says, "leave the phone for an hour and a half" I said I can't it's my work phone, well, that's the only option, so I asked for a loaner, she said, "we don't give out loaner."

Oh, and it may take longer than an hour and a half. so, if they take longer, I can't use it for work. I'll go back some other time.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

bluejee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
I bought the PPC6700 on eBay 1 month old. I dropped it and the joystick got floppy. I took it to Sprint and they said (as they typed) here you go...now you're insured. Take it to the Service desk back there. I took it back to them and they said "Order him one."

They ordered me a refurb'd 6700 and as soon as i left the store, the QWERTY was malfunctioned. I took it back in and they cracked open a Mogul and apologized profusely. I just started to notice "the white spot" on my screen. (Mogul is a few mos old) I took it back in and they immediately ordered me a new one. They said that most Mogul's will get that spot b/c there's something that heats up under it...but my spot is only evident on a stark white screen. I called them back and told them to cancel the order b/c it really doesn't bother me.

So yeah...I actually turned down another new PPC6800 free of charge. I felt like they have taken care of me above and beyond their obligation...why should I hose them? If I find out that they've come up with an actual solution to the "white spot" then I'll go ahead with it.

Edit: Since I got my insurance...I've paid $0.
another positive story! i guess it just depends on the employees.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Are you sure they always send refurb? I've gotten one replacement so far (almost time to call in another) due to white spots, and they sent me a new one with no trouble. Of course I was within my 30 days. I'm going to insist on a new device this time too.

Also, does insurance go by the calendar year, or the past year for the number of replacements (as in, 3 replacements/$1000 in 2008, or 3 replacements/$1000 within a 12 month timeframe)?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul 6800, HTC Diamond

laynpipeallday is a n00b

I get 3 claims a year. At least that is what i was told.
I just brought my 6800 in due to bottom buttons not working and they told me that they would call me when my new one came in. They called two days later and i just replaced it, i didnt even have to pay FIDDY for it... It may be refurbed but ya know? what do ya do??
Old 03-19-2008, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

i was too lazy to read though all the posts but im sure someone is right. this is what happened to me multiple times. keep in mind this is with a 700wx. 6700 and mogul. i have gone in for "repair" as the reasons for coming in where things there were able to fix in house at the store which means i ended up with the same phone that i brought in as long as they could fix what was broken.IE, cracked screen non functioning keyboard etc...also if they ****ed up the repair which has happened to me as well they replace with a new/referb that is avail in house. if the phone is non repairable in house without even attempting to repair they will send you to the insurance route.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

bluejee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriver View Post
i was too lazy to read though all the posts but im sure someone is right. this is what happened to me multiple times. keep in mind this is with a 700wx. 6700 and mogul. i have gone in for "repair" as the reasons for coming in where things there were able to fix in house at the store which means i ended up with the same phone that i brought in as long as they could fix what was broken.IE, cracked screen non functioning keyboard etc...also if they ****ed up the repair which has happened to me as well they replace with a new/referb that is avail in house. if the phone is non repairable in house without even attempting to repair they will send you to the insurance route.
i have to disagree my phone was non repairable in house. they just gave me a brand new phone. if it is non repairable because of normal wear and tear or a malfunction to my understanding they will replace your phone(for free with insurance) if they can't fix it. if you drop it, break it, water damage it, lose it, etc... all your fault you will have to pay 50$ for a replacement.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

babair is a n00b

i now have the white dot issue also. and my keyboard is all funky and doesnt recognize some button presses at certain times... so if i call sprint because where i live now there arent any stores close to me will they take care of this issue or do i need to calll htc
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

chelboed is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by babair View Post
i now have the white dot issue also. and my keyboard is all funky and doesnt recognize some button presses at certain times... so if i call sprint because where i live now there arent any stores close to me will they take care of this issue or do i need to calll htc
Should...

I must say that I got tired of the "white dot" a couple days ago. I went ahead and brought it in. They whipped out a brand new one (new in box) and had me out the door in 15 minutes. They even offered me all of the accessories that came with the new phone. I told them to keep them for the tech's or employees b/c they took good care of me.

Very positive experience.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

hyun1120 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by babair View Post
HTC will not talk to you! PERIOD.

I have called HTC when the phone first came out and we had non-working BT.
The rep that I spoke with told me that they cannot provide any support for Mogul users or any Sprint branded HTC phone, because of the deal they make.

The place where we currenly have sprint logo, it was supposed to be a HTC logo. Sprint wanted to put their logo in the front. So Sprint made a deal with HTC to put their logo in the front, and in return, HTC does not have to provide any support for the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan