PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
insurance question

I have the full coverage for my phone but recently my keys aren't working when I press them or they put in the letter twice. Is it something where I can get a new phone or is it something I just bring to the store and they fix it sometime that day?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: insurance question

its still under warranty, so unless there is physical or some type of liquid damage that causes the problem, have those SOB'z replace it under you 1 yr manufacturers warranty

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

I would try my luck bringing the Phone to the store. But Sprint may just try to have you deal with your insurance and have you pay an additional $50.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
I would try my luck bringing the Phone to the store. But Sprint may just try to have you deal with your insurance and have you pay an additional $50.
thats what they will TRY to do. Like i said if its under warranty and isnt damaged then dont let them push u into the corner.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G
Threadstarter

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor

The phone is in good shape just a couple of scratches on the case. There isn't any damage to anything. I just don't want to pay another $50 for it.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if you let sprint replace the phone NOT through the insurance, you WILL get a refurbished phone, it's their preogative to do this, and they will blatantly tell you so.

so, what you will be getting is instead of a new phone, you will get a refurbished phone. the $50 is worth it to get a new phone.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
if you let sprint replace the phone NOT through the insurance, you WILL get a refurbished phone, it's their preogative to do this, and they will blatantly tell you so.

so, what you will be getting is instead of a new phone, you will get a refurbished phone. the $50 is worth it to get a new phone.
i totally disagree-

so your telling me if your buy a new bmw and your engine quits while its still in warranty, your gonna pay for a new one? My point exactly-

if u do get a refurb so what!! they are just as good as a new one, cosmetically and structurally. I will take a refurb that looks and acts brand new over paying 50 bucks for something thats malfunctioning at no fault of mine. You have to remember that when these places refurb the phones, they have to be quality inspected and such b4 they send them back out. You wont be able to tell the difference b/t a new and refurb.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

one thing to remember though about the insurance, you can only make 2 claims either/year or per lifetime of the phone, after 2 claims, they cancel insurance on you. same goes for roadside assistance if you have that on your phone.

here's the "Sprint certificate"
http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs..._ERP_Combo.pdf
Old 03-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

I agree with Success100.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
one thing to remember though about the insurance, you can only make 2 claims either/year or per lifetime of the phone, after 2 claims, they cancel insurance on you. same goes for roadside assistance if you have that on your phone.

here's the "Sprint certificate"
http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs..._ERP_Combo.pdf
another great reason why NOT to do a claim in this situation. U will want to keep those 2 claims for times when u actually NEED them. You never know what may happen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan