PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Verizon

Willabys is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

I have been the happy owner of a Verizon 6800 for 7 months. I upgraded the radio and cooked a ROM using BuidOS in May and it has been very stable, Bluetooth Dialup worked very well and GPS worked perfectly, though slow to start. My USB went out on my device so I brought the unit back to OEM using sd and got a replacement through Verizon/Assurion insurance. I have been working several days to try to get the GPS and bluetooth dial-up back up and running and I am constantly hitting a wall .
My radio version is 3.42.30. I am using Hard-SPL-MFG.exe to uplock then running Build OS. I have chosen 20931 then tried 20755 but my ROM version is at 3.08.66.1 and I can not get GPS to work. Cant Get dial-up either, but I will tackle that one later. I have read and read in the fourm and I understand that I need a version 3.16.651.0 or later ROM and I can not figure how to get there. Everything else in my update seems to be OK I am digging what has come up in the last 6 months, but I must be being thick headed on something. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:27 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

here's a thread for verizon gps fixes
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Verizon

Willabys is a n00b

Problem seems bigger now that I have all my connections redirected to https://dunsp.vzw.com/selfProvisioni...sioningServlet I have searched much last night and this am and I find no solution, I have posted a new thread to the titan forum. Thanks much for your time.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jaggy13 is a n00b

Just flashed my rom with the current stock sprint upgrade. (3.35)
GPS is working with Google maps. I haven't tried too much else yet.

My issue is as follows. I can power up, run Google maps and everything works correctly. Initialization is quick and program works great.

After just a few minutes of not using the program, the GPS will fail to initialize. closing apps and anything short of a reset fails to allow the GPS to initialize. I have read most of the first page recommended apps. I have tried a few of them, but haven't had time to really give them a fair trial. Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950
Carrier: Movilnet

anddy78 is a n00b

Hi everyone, first I want to apologize for my bad english, I will try to explain my problem. I'm from Venezuela, my cell phone carrier is Movilnet, my Titan setup is ROM DCD 3.3.4, Radio 3.2.50, PRI 2.03. The problem is: when I'm on cell phone service area my GPS never gets a lock, unless I let the phone all night with the GPS software trying to lock.
But, when I travel out of the city to an area whitout cell phone coverage, I can get a lock within 2 minutes, consistently, even after a soft or hard reset.
I'm using VisualGPSce to monitoring and priming the GPS, but I also had tried GPS Test, GPS Viewer, GPS toogle, etc. I had noticed that, when I'm trying to lock with VisualGPSce, the software give me a initial position that is 180º wrong, i.e. If the right coordinated is N8º 20,91 W62º 39,14, the software shows N8º 20,91 E62º 39,14. I had tried in flight mode with no success, also disabling aGPS in the registry, may be I will try a QPST config, but I don't know what config can I change.
My thery is that the cell phone towers create some kind of "conflict" and messed up all the GPS syncronization, may be the time syncronization, I don't know.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

william12l is a n00b
Smile Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

I just got a xv6800 through work, and just beginneing to understand why everyone is inot these devices, so I am a true rookie, please no bashing!

I would like to activate the internal gps, but it looks like my rom and radio are ancient 2.09.605.8 and 1.30.60.

Done a little reading here, not sure I have found out how to upgrade the rom, seems strange to me a new device woul have such old rom.

can someone direct me on if i have any hope of doing this? pretty competent on a PC but this is totally new, but i am really into this device. just can belive what i have been missing.

thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william12l View Post
I just got a xv6800 through work, and just beginneing to understand why everyone is inot these devices, so I am a true rookie, please no bashing!

I would like to activate the internal gps, but it looks like my rom and radio are ancient 2.09.605.8 and 1.30.60.

Done a little reading here, not sure I have found out how to upgrade the rom, seems strange to me a new device woul have such old rom.

can someone direct me on if i have any hope of doing this? pretty competent on a PC but this is totally new, but i am really into this device. just can belive what i have been missing.

thanks in advance
No bashing, but a search would have found these results. Just a gentle nudge, search before posting. Check this thread about upgrading your Verizon VX6800. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54530

Here is the link to download the ROM update. http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

If after updating, you find that GPS is not working, check this thread for a fix: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37834

Always, aways back up your personal info before making any changes to your phone. Read through the thread and the FAQ at HTC. These things usually go fairly easy, but be prepared and read and understand the steps before you get started. Make a check list as you read through the info to be sure your ready.

Welcome to Titan Fantasy Land!

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 01-28-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling, duh
Old 01-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

william12l is a n00b

I did a lot of searching but i have to admit I was a bit confused with all this new gargon on these devices. So i thought someone could point me to exacly where I needed to go if I gave the ROM version.

Thanks much for your assistance and advice. Since this device is just new this week, I have not added any files, and want to get this GPS working right away.

I will start to read this site and get up to speed, I can not tell you how amazed i am at what this thing will do. I always thought a phone was a phone, never understood what all these people were doing looking at thier phones all the time. I almost wrecked my car today looking at the weather! That was a wake up call to put this thing down, but it is hard.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"Software that others have reported success with include:"

I have used Street Atlas USA from DeLorme.

You can't dl the whole USA, but you can route a trip and then dl it to the PPC. I recently made a trip from NW Florida to Minesota and it worked fine.

I also dl a large map of my home area and it makes it nice to find streets and route to destination.

It uses voice trun directions as well as screen directions.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by william12l View Post

Thanks much for your assistance and advice.

I almost wrecked my car today looking at the weather! That was a wake up call to put this thing down, but it is hard.
Great to hear. A push of the green "Thanks" button when receiving useful info is always appreciated.

Definitely put it down when driving. We want you around for a long time!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan