PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Verizon

skaorsk8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with VZW 6800 and MR1 to GPS? New to this!

OK so I got a Verizon VX6800 used from ebay, and I'm pretty new to all of this. I upgraded my 6700 a couple of years ago, but the 6800 is quite a different beast ... I'm also kind of lost because a lot of the old threads don't seem to apply anymore.

When I got it, first thing I did was upgrade to MR1, then I installed the Vahalla GPS Server cab. I have the Pay-As-You-Go data plan, and I am waiting on the delivery of a new (larger) MicroSD card so I can install my TomTom Maps on it. I've been testing using the VisualGPS software, and not getting any satellites seen when I'm outside. I did put it on COM4, 4800 baud, etc.

I have ROM version 3.57.605.1 and Radio version 3.37.75. I have PRI version 2.03_002.

Please let me know what steps I should take. I have XP at work so I can do most stuff here, and Vista at home on my laptop. I bust outta here at 5PM, so I will most likely do any hardcore upgrading over the weekend.

Thanks in advance.
-Dan
Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Help with VZW 6800 and MR1 to GPS? New to this!

Please tell me you've searched.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skaorsk8 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Please tell me you've searched.
Yes, I've searched. Although, like I said, I have found a lot of old threads that don't apply, or involve the use of a custom ROM, which I didn't use.

I did follow the Wiki found here - http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Since you got the Valhalla did you try to do the QPST program to get GPS working?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skaorsk8 is a n00b

Quote:
Since you got the Valhalla did you try to do the QPST program to get GPS working?
No, I wasn't sure I needed to since some people said that doing the Valhalla negated the need to do the QPST.

Is that what I'm missing? Is there anything else I should do?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skaorsk8 is a n00b

I was reading on the XDA Wiki the following -

Q: I'm on Verizon, should I flash the Verizon XV6800 MR1 upgrade?
A: It depends. Flashing the upgrade ROM will enable support for VZNav (Verizon's navigation software), however, it will disable generic GPS support. What this means is that you won't be able to use applications like TomTom, iGo, Google Maps, Navizon, etc. If you want to use applications that depend on a normal GPS connection, you're better off at the moment using a custom ROM. If you don't care about GPS or Location Based Services (LBS) at all, go for the upgrade.

.... Is this still the case?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.

You already killed your GPS. Since I don't have Verizon nor MR1 I don't know how to fix it 100%. As far as I know you just follow the directions on the XDA wiki it works fine.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skaorsk8 is a n00b

Quote:
You already killed your GPS. Since I don't have Verizon nor MR1 I don't know how to fix it 100%. As far as I know you just follow the directions on the XDA wiki it works fine.
OK. Thanks.

Can anyone else provide some help on this? I'm just looking for some suggested next steps from someone who is up to date with the progress made with ROMs and the details I mentioned earlier.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you did not kill your GPS. i never updated to any official VZ rom, always custom, so im not sure if this will work, but its worth a try. flash a custom rom (DCD 3.3.4 highly recommended) and do the QPST gps trick. run google maps and see if your GPS is up an running. you shouldnt have to worry about the PRI becuase i updated to 2.03_002 and the GPS still works great. post your results. if your aGPS is working, you should get a near lock in ~10 seconds
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Well killed was a bad word choice. I should say disabled instead. Sorry for the confusion.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development