View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
anddy78
Lurker

anddy78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

Hi everyone, first I want to apologize for my bad english, I will try to explain my problem. I'm from Venezuela, my cell phone carrier is Movilnet, my Titan setup is ROM DCD 3.3.4, Radio 3.2.50, PRI 2.03. The problem is: when I'm on cell phone service area my GPS never gets a lock, unless I let the phone all night with the GPS software trying to lock.
But, when I travel out of the city to an area whitout cell phone coverage, I can get a lock within 2 minutes, consistently, even after a soft or hard reset.
I'm using VisualGPSce to monitoring and priming the GPS, but I also had tried GPS Test, GPS Viewer, GPS toogle, etc. I had noticed that, when I'm trying to lock with VisualGPSce, the software give me a initial position that is 180º wrong, i.e. If the right coordinated is N8º 20,91 W62º 39,14, the software shows N8º 20,91 E62º 39,14. I had tried in flight mode with no success, also disabling aGPS in the registry, may be I will try a QPST config, but I don't know what config can I change.
My thery is that the cell phone towers create some kind of "conflict" and messed up all the GPS syncronization, may be the time syncronization, I don't know.

Thanks for your help.