PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

JDiddyC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tried everything - No GPS! (Refurb/Replacement device)

Interesting, of course I failed to mention I have the Verizon flavor. I'm thinking it's got a toasted GPS chip or something at this point. Looks like I may call in and "excuse" my way into another device.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Lurker

bradtem is a n00b
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

I'm in Europe now trying to do gps stuff on the htc mogul. No luck with the internal gps. It sees satellites, usually just a couple but sometimes as many as 5, but never shows a lock.

I can't seem to use external gps either. If I try to set the system to use an external bluetooth gps, it just resets the hardware gps port back to none each time. I can use programs that let you hand configure the gps port, but do I have to buy some fancy mapping program to get one that will do that?

I am using the february 08 rom, not the latest one, but I am loathe to upgrade while on a trip, losing all settings etc.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

gof is becoming a great contributor

Getting a lock while in Europe took at least 10 minutes (and at times up to 20+), and then only with a fairly clear view of the sky and not moving in a way to block sats. The best speed I had was from a building balcony where I pretty much had 70% of the sky exposed. I was able to get a lock on the S-Bahn once from the Munich airport into the city, but that was with the unit pressed to the window and passing lots of farmland (no buildings to get in the way). I was NOT able to get a lock last April, and I was likely using the Feb rom at that time.

As for the external GPS, make sure you set the communications ports differently than com4. It's been awhile, but I think you had to set separate input/output ports.

But, despite just getting this working for myself, I just migrated to the Touch Pro via the Best Buy sale. Can't beat getting a "free" upgrade after selling off my "old" Mogul.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Lurker

bradtem is a n00b

I've got a reasonably exposed window and an hour didn't do it. I went out, and on the bus, gut up to 8 satellites seen, but never any lock. As you know if the Mogul goes into sleep mode with GPS open, the gps fails and can't be used until reboot, so this long period is a killer.

The hardware gps problem is also hard. They seem to have locked out the setting of the gps hardware port in external gps settings. Try to set it to something (like the port of the bluetooth gps) and it ignores it and next time you check it is still set to none. The GPS driver has two port settings. One is the port that programs are to read from, which is virtual. The other is the port a hardware gps is on, which you no longer can set it seems.

So while I used the mogul with external gps last trip to Europe in January, this time, I can't use anything thanks to the "upgrade." If anybody has more advice, let me know. I would upgrade the rom, but only if it's sure to work.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

skanknpunx is a n00b

I have not been able to find an aswer to this question: Is it possbile to use the Moguls internal GPS reciever and Garmin Que GPS software?

I have a legal version of Garmin que 2.9 software on my Mogul. However, it wants to use the Bluetooth (gps 10) receiver for its connection. i would like it to connect to the internal GPS though. I have been able to get TomTom software on the Mogul to connect to the internal GPS. But not my Garmin Software. I have seen Directions for using MobileXT and the internal GPS. But I do not like that GPS interface nor TomToms.

So, if anyone knows of a way to get the Garmin Que software to use the Moguls internal GPS...please..please..please post an how to. I hate having to use the bluethooth GPS or Mobile xt or Tomtom.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work

this question is for Taylor one, I upgraded to the new Touch Pro which is VGA I'm trying to use the script you created to launch Iguidance / GPSgate / and disable the warning, but its not working I think because it tries to launch the iguidance qvga and we need the vga, can you create the script to launch Iguidance vga, thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

aldoscitech is a n00b

so the mogul does have internal GPS? does it still work if i flashed to phone to another company? or does it HAVE to work?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Well when did you buy your mogul. if you have one of the original Moguls you will have to flash the ROM Upgrade. If the Mogul was purchased after they released the New Upgrade then yes it should have built in GPS. Working on a diffrent company shouldn't affect the GPS.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

all moguls/titans/6800s have GPS and have to be configured for its use
Old 11-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC6800

m260gt is a n00b

hey everyone. im new to this site. i am having gps troubles with my titan. im on alltel and have a custom rom from a different site installed. when i flashed to it i first flashed to the new alltel 6.1 that enabled GPS on alltel phones. after that i unlocked and flashed to the rom im on now. which is a very reputable one. when i flashed to this rom, the first time i tried the gps it worked great. but after i closed out of it the first time, it wont work anymore...any help would be good. thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan