View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular

gof is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

Getting a lock while in Europe took at least 10 minutes (and at times up to 20+), and then only with a fairly clear view of the sky and not moving in a way to block sats. The best speed I had was from a building balcony where I pretty much had 70% of the sky exposed. I was able to get a lock on the S-Bahn once from the Munich airport into the city, but that was with the unit pressed to the window and passing lots of farmland (no buildings to get in the way). I was NOT able to get a lock last April, and I was likely using the Feb rom at that time.

As for the external GPS, make sure you set the communications ports differently than com4. It's been awhile, but I think you had to set separate input/output ports.

But, despite just getting this working for myself, I just migrated to the Touch Pro via the Best Buy sale. Can't beat getting a "free" upgrade after selling off my "old" Mogul.