PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
we have them in store just not available to the public yet. ill scan on tomorrow and post the img that's in it tho.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sure is quiet today- - - checked most of the sites ( 6800 threads )
and nobody's talking - - - gonna be a long day !
Old 11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraygh View Post
THIS is what's simple. Repeat after me.
Customers who aren't "tech savy" are NOT buying PDA-phones!!!!!!!
ANY phone can make calls and surf the (mobile) web.
The subject isn't about all phones in general, it's about PDA-phones and the morons who rate their appearance. Non-techies complaining about ppc looks is lame and makes the poster look shallow and out-of-touch. YOU are defending this view.
This is why there are ten times more iPhone commercials than all ppc-model phones put together. The tech savy market is small but we know what we want without the need for a commercial.
As soon as we hear about a new model ppc coming out, the first thing we all ask is:
"What is it capable of?"
not
"OOOOH, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE!?"
I am tired of hearing people say this. Most people who buy these are not tech savvy, I have 5 friends with the Mogul. None of them are tech people. My girlfriend is coming over tonight so I can do another hard reset on her phone. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have had to do one...

Some people over buy thinking they will learn how to use it. Some people buy it because it is the "best". Others think it makes look important/cool/(insert and adjective).

Trust me, most people with these phones aren't techs. They are not on these boards or any other posting or reading about these phones. A good number of the people on these forums aren't even tech savvy. How many times a day do you see a post as simple as "What is the code to pair my Motorola S9 headphones?" or "Why when I close a program does it continue to run?". I see at least one post of this nature every day.

Let's all face it, we do not affect market-share enough to satisfy our demanding needs.

Lonzo
Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
If this thread doesn't get back on track I'm going to have to lock it.

Seriously... what is up with everyone lately?

SINNN, why is it that every thread where you post ends up locked or with a warning from a moderator because there's a hostile discussion? I have already sent you a PM.

Last warning for this thread. If you want to discuss the looks of the XV6800, that's fine. If you are going to bash others because they do/don't like it, then don't post.
It could be that he has over 300 post in a month, so he has essentially posted in every active thread.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

kraygh is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
I am tired of hearing people say this. Most people who buy these are not tech savvy, I have 5 friends with the Mogul. None of them are tech people. My girlfriend is coming over tonight so I can do another hard reset on her phone. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have had to do one...

Lonzo
Well I guess it's lucky your girlfriend has you to bail her out. Otherwise she'd have to trade the Mogul in for a less pretty phone.
May I ask how your girlfriend and pals learned about the Mogul? I mean, throwing a couple of hundred dollars down on something you are HOPING to figure out, just doesn't make sense. Surely the Mogul must DO something that their previous phone did not and that's why they chose it. No?

Besides, I think the term "tech savy" is being blown out of perportion here. No one is born with knowledge about new gadgets, so there's always a time when tech-lovers like myself might refer to a message board for an answer. I've built computers and worked with aircraft navigation equipment for the last 18 years, yet up until this year I had no idea what ##778 did.

Outside of this message board, I have NEVER had a conversation about the look of a PDA phone. I'm serious. I and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW who owns a PDA phone, buys based on features. So to say that most dont, just isn't true where I'm from.
To hear others infer the opposite, forces me to compromise and suggest that maybe it's a demographic thing. Or even an age thing. Or a wealth thing.
Something to consider I guess...
In the end, I really hope the PDA market doesn't shift too heavily toward people who consider style over substance. If it does, I'll be forced to buy a tablet pc, with an air card, Vonage adapter, bluetooth earpice and mic, and huge pocketed pants to hold it. Anything is better than caving in and buying an iPhone!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
There is a posting on Howards Forum that says he called *611 and they
told him the 6800 wouldn't go on sale at midnight tonight and they
couldn't give out any further info.
It never ends!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Its never gonna go that way. What the industry has to do is make phones with a lot of style and a lot of substance. Simple ehh?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
The hard launch date is still slated for the 16th at this point. As for the B2B/Online order soft launch--Nov 2 hasn't been firmed up, but I'm hopeful.
Hoping the soft launch (B2B/Online/Telesales) is tomorrow, but I haven't been able to get a firm date for the soft launch. Hard launch (in store sales) is still slated for the 16th at this point.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraygh View Post
Well I guess it's lucky your girlfriend has you to bail her out. Otherwise she'd have to trade the Mogul in for a less pretty phone.
May I ask how your girlfriend and pals learned about the Mogul? I mean, throwing a couple of hundred dollars down on something you are HOPING to figure out, just doesn't make sense. Surely the Mogul must DO something that their previous phone did not and that's why they chose it. No?

Besides, I think the term "tech savy" is being blown out of perportion here. No one is born with knowledge about new gadgets, so there's always a time when tech-lovers like myself might refer to a message board for an answer. I've built computers and worked with aircraft navigation equipment for the last 18 years, yet up until this year I had no idea what ##778 did.

Outside of this message board, I have NEVER had a conversation about the look of a PDA phone. I'm serious. I and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW who owns a PDA phone, buys based on features. So to say that most dont, just isn't true where I'm from.
To hear others infer the opposite, forces me to compromise and suggest that maybe it's a demographic thing. Or even an age thing. Or a wealth thing.
Something to consider I guess...
In the end, I really hope the PDA market doesn't shift too heavily toward people who consider style over substance. If it does, I'll be forced to buy a tablet pc, with an air card, Vonage adapter, bluetooth earpice and mic, and huge pocketed pants to hold it. Anything is better than caving in and buying an iPhone!
You apparently misread my post. I didn't say anything about buying the phone based on how it looks. The only looks thing I talked about was people's perceptions of the owner of a high-end phone. She bought it because she seen me playing with mine. Same as the rest of my friends. None of them bought it because the are tech-savvy. 5 out 6 can't be wrong.

No one I know who has a PDA/Smart phone knows jack about gadgets. This is why the iPhone sells so well. The HTC devices could probably be marketed to this too. My friends buying them up is a perfect example.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800!!!

compulsionNRA is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post

No one I know who has a PDA/Smart phone knows jack about gadgets. This is why the iPhone sells so well. The HTC devices could probably be marketed to this too. My friends buying them up is a perfect example.
Not to flame you or anything, but I personally think almost the exact opposite. The iphone is just a mac branded piece of garbage for idiots and fanboys. This gave the mainstreem marketing sheep an idea of the PDA market in an incredibly dumbed down way and they love the taste.

I think that most PDA users (not iphone) are either business (for e-mail, correspondence, etc.) or techies. If you buy a PDA and you have no idea what you're doing; with the high price, the large size, and the relatively ugly appearance.... I think you're an idiot. I don't buy a top of the line motherboard for $300-400 and then install Curious George Goes to the Park & just use myspace, that's wasteful and something I can do for way less $$. I use it for many things and buy it based on performance, OC, etc.

If you buy high-dollar/high-performance hardware and you don't use it's potential it's wasteful and stupid.

Back on topic.... VZW I hate you, where's my phone. I feel like I stayed outside a store, in the cold, waiting to buy something and they opened the door, threw water on me, and said #$#% you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan