PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
I forgot to mention Verizons Touch is mid Jan. from what the rep said. Has anyone comfirmed how much ram the xv6800 has? Someone once said Mogulians are getting the shaft cuz Vx6800 has 96 ram instead of 64 like Moguls do. Anyone confirm this?

It has 64. This has been confirmed many times.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

JClay is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JClay Send a message via MSN to JClay Send a message via Yahoo to JClay
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
Amen, looks has alot of the buying factor. If you not going by looks then you must be lying. Put it this was.... If you were offered 2 cars, A ferrari and a Dodge Gremlin, and both had the same engine and both cost the same. Which one would you buy? Trust me, looks sell. Period.
You are forgetting one major factor my friend... Ferrari and Dodge don't have us locked into a two year contract with penalties for leaving... And, we are not talking about Classy and Classless (cheesecake and screwdrivers), but something a little more close to reality... maybe Granny Smith and Washington Red (apples and apples). Both phones are amazing ~ one just looks a little better than the other - You decide which works for you.

As for me and my house... it will be hard enough coming up with the scratch to get the 6800, much less dropping VZW and adding a 200$ penalty on top of that to get a slightly racier looking phone with the same engine and a different service tag.

Great conversation though!
Thanks verizonguy for all the insight!
SINNN... You instigator you... LOL

www.CLAYMinistries.net
www.fellowshipofbelievers.lwfsc.org

“We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but Grace tells us another story. Where Glory sends hoplesness away, Yes GRACE tell us another story."
Bart Millard, MercyME - “All That Is Within Me” , Simpleville Music / Wet As A Fish Music, 2007

Last edited by JClay; 10-30-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
lol, hey... im putting the fRosting on the Cake. Good luck Verizon customers.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JClay View Post
[COLOR=#afeeee]You are forgetting one major factor my friend... Ferrari and Dodge don't have us locked into a two year contract with penalties for leaving...
Oh but i beg to differ. If you engage in the same type of "agreement" with Dodge and Farrari they will get you into a contract with most definate penalties. We all quickly forget that the carriers give us a DISCOUNT on the cost of a phone IF you sign a contract. Most stores will happily sell you a phone without a contract and guess what, the difference is almost exactly the same as the penalty clause for leaving the contract early. Carriers learned long ago that if they keep the front end cost down they can attract more customers. They use our phones to do just that, and recoup their costs over the terms of the contract. If you leave early, you are reneging on an agreement to let them do just that, and they are simply holding you to that.

Try the same with you're next car purchase. Buy it on a lease, and then try to swap out 2 months later. I think you'll find that the "penalty clause" from carriers for early termination is more than reasonable visa vi what the car manufacturuers/finance officers will do. Indeed, just outright buy a car and swap it out 2 months later. You'll find you're penalties are pretty stiff regarding the depreciation.

Point is, the carriers are simply businessmen, just like any other and they both need to, and WILL, protect their bottom line. You're contract with them is them persuing that exact protection.

Finally I agree with you regarding the costs etc of a new phone. Its not easy to justify hundreds of dollars against milk/gas/mortgage when in truth its all mostly a vanity purchase. Just remember, though, that the people who built the phone, made the software that comes installed on it, sold you the phone in the store, support the network the phone uses every single one of those people ALSO have milk/gas/mortgage issues. And it is exactly what you spend on you're phone and its contract that keeps milk in their fridges. We all want our software/phones perfect with all the software and cool features wil like, yet somehow we think it should be free, or at least very low cost. This software and technology COSTS to make, and maintaining its quality is also VERY COSTLY. If you aren't willing to spend money with these people so they can buy their gas/milk, just why should they help you out?

Old saying around my world: You can pick 2, but only 2 {and we all seem to want to pick all three}

Fast
Cheap
Reliable.

Seems to hold here too.

Shawn

Shawn
Old 10-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Honestly I think women tend to buy by looks, and nerds and geek tech savy guys go by looks but consider also whats under the hood. Plaon simple minded non tech hooligans go by what looks cool too. As long as the rep tells them that it goes online, then its sold. I dont think theres any customers out there that will buy a ugly phone unless they are forced too. That point leads me to all the verizon customers who are locked in a contract, they them selves will be the primary buyers. Other than that.... no one will buy their new pda xv6800. And I am not bashing Verizon, they have good service. But poor designers.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
Oh but i beg to differ. If you engage in the same type of "agreement" with Dodge and Farrari they will get you into a contract with most definate penalties. We all quickly forget that the carriers give us a DISCOUNT on the cost of a phone IF you sign a contract. Most stores will happily sell you a phone without a contract and guess what, the difference is almost exactly the same as the penalty clause for leaving the contract early. Carriers learned long ago that if they keep the front end cost down they can attract more customers. They use our phones to do just that, and recoup their costs over the terms of the contract. If you leave early, you are reneging on an agreement to let them do just that, and they are simply holding you to that.

Try the same with you're next car purchase. Buy it on a lease, and then try to swap out 2 months later. I think you'll find that the "penalty clause" from carriers for early termination is more than reasonable visa vi what the car manufacturuers/finance officers will do. Indeed, just outright buy a car and swap it out 2 months later. You'll find you're penalties are pretty stiff regarding the depreciation.

Point is, the carriers are simply businessmen, just like any other and they both need to, and WILL, protect their bottom line. You're contract with them is them persuing that exact protection.

Finally I agree with you regarding the costs etc of a new phone. Its not easy to justify hundreds of dollars against milk/gas/mortgage when in truth its all mostly a vanity purchase. Just remember, though, that the people who built the phone, made the software that comes installed on it, sold you the phone in the store, support the network the phone uses every single one of those people ALSO have milk/gas/mortgage issues. And it is exactly what you spend on you're phone and its contract that keeps milk in their fridges. We all want our software/phones perfect with all the software and cool features wil like, yet somehow we think it should be free, or at least very low cost. This software and technology COSTS to make, and maintaining its quality is also VERY COSTLY. If you aren't willing to spend money with these people so they can buy their gas/milk, just why should they help you out?

Old saying around my world: You can pick 2, but only 2 {and we all seem to want to pick all three}

Fast
Cheap
Reliable.

Seems to hold here too.

Shawn

Shawn

Well said Shawn . Anybody that has been in business understands completely. But every American tries to get a freeby when they can,right?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

playdeep is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep
Didnt V get rid of exit fees for broken contracts?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by playdeep View Post
Didnt V get rid of exit fees for broken contracts?
no, the ETF is now pro-rated, but only as a token effort to shut people up. It is only reduced by $5 per month...so if you have say a 275 ETF for a 2 year contract, 1/2 way through, if truly pro-rated, it would be 135. With the $5 formula, it would be $215 after a year.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Lurker

cartman64 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
The HTC Vouge is susposed to come out in Jan.08
on Verizon
Besides hearing this date from a rep from Verizon, is there anything other source to confirm this date? One of my customers mentioned the same thing to me. I think I would like to wait but wonder why Verizon would actually wait until after the holidays to release this phone.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman64 View Post
Besides hearing this date from a rep from Verizon, is there anything other source to confirm this date? One of my customers mentioned the same thing to me. I think I would like to wait but wonder why Verizon would actually wait until after the holidays to release this phone.
You need to ask verizonguy about that release date for the Vogue.
He is alot more in the know about that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan