PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
verizonguy, anything new about the two release dates in November??
Are Nov.2nd and Nov. 16th still firm ??
Thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

nrgetik is just getting started
NOV. 2nd around the corner

I have been putting off buying the sch-i760 because the date is soooo close. I guess we will find out this friday
Old 10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

JClay is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JClay Send a message via MSN to JClay Send a message via Yahoo to JClay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
verizonguy, anything new about the two release dates in November?? Are Nov.2nd and Nov. 16th still firm ?? Thanks

...And will it be the regular VZW web site or a special insider web Site? It's like freak'n Christmas for VZW die-hards... There is VZW electricty in the air, the winds have picked up and something wicked this way comes!
www.CLAYMinistries.net
www.fellowshipofbelievers.lwfsc.org

“We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but Grace tells us another story. Where Glory sends hoplesness away, Yes GRACE tell us another story."
Bart Millard, MercyME - “All That Is Within Me” , Simpleville Music / Wet As A Fish Music, 2007
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

kraygh is just getting started
under the hood

I just don't know about some of these new PDA phones on the horizon. I don't see anything worth waiting for past the 6800. Is it just me or do they seem to upgrade everything BUT the processor? More memory or better camera is nice, but there's no way I'm going down from a 400mhz cpu.
A friend of mine tried showing off his Wing he just purchased from T-mobile. It LOOKS snazzy and all (ha!), but when we tried running some workhorse software like pocketSNES, you could immediately tell this thing seemed crippled compared to my 6700. I struggled with it for a while, trying to kill any useless apps and so on, but it was no use. The games were unplayable with such poor frame rate.
I'm guessing that in the race to make smaller/slimmer PDAs there is little they can do to shrink the battery size so they compromise with the weaker CPU.
I personally don't like PDAs getting smaller. I used to love the huge screen on my i700!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by JClay View Post
...And will it be the regular VZW web site or a special insider web Site? It's like freak'n Christmas for VZW die-hards... There is VZW electricty in the air, the winds have picked up and something wicked this way comes!
The regular website that you check your account on.
www.verizonwireless.com
Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
I've talked to 3 reps from 3 different malls and the all tell me that the 6800 will be in Mid November. And the earliest is the 16th.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I haven't heard a date but we just got the next set of "magazines/brochures" and it had photos of the 6800 in it and it looks great! btw its been on our rebate sheets.
_mike
Old 10-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lawrencef14 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
I've talked to 3 reps from 3 different malls and the all tell me that the 6800 will be in Mid November. And the earliest is the 16th.
That would coincide with a Nov 2 online release then...here's hoping? I will be online to order first thing Friday morning...
Old 10-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lawrencef14 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I haven't heard a date but we just got the next set of "magazines/brochures" and it had photos of the 6800 in it and it looks great! btw its been on our rebate sheets.
_mike
Are those brochures available yet in stores or still in boxes?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencef14 View Post
Are those brochures available yet in stores or still in boxes?
Usually the VzW holiday ads go out on Black Friday , 11/23 this year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan