View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 AM
jbh00jh
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
Oh but i beg to differ. If you engage in the same type of "agreement" with Dodge and Farrari they will get you into a contract with most definate penalties. We all quickly forget that the carriers give us a DISCOUNT on the cost of a phone IF you sign a contract. Most stores will happily sell you a phone without a contract and guess what, the difference is almost exactly the same as the penalty clause for leaving the contract early. Carriers learned long ago that if they keep the front end cost down they can attract more customers. They use our phones to do just that, and recoup their costs over the terms of the contract. If you leave early, you are reneging on an agreement to let them do just that, and they are simply holding you to that.

Try the same with you're next car purchase. Buy it on a lease, and then try to swap out 2 months later. I think you'll find that the "penalty clause" from carriers for early termination is more than reasonable visa vi what the car manufacturuers/finance officers will do. Indeed, just outright buy a car and swap it out 2 months later. You'll find you're penalties are pretty stiff regarding the depreciation.

Point is, the carriers are simply businessmen, just like any other and they both need to, and WILL, protect their bottom line. You're contract with them is them persuing that exact protection.

Finally I agree with you regarding the costs etc of a new phone. Its not easy to justify hundreds of dollars against milk/gas/mortgage when in truth its all mostly a vanity purchase. Just remember, though, that the people who built the phone, made the software that comes installed on it, sold you the phone in the store, support the network the phone uses every single one of those people ALSO have milk/gas/mortgage issues. And it is exactly what you spend on you're phone and its contract that keeps milk in their fridges. We all want our software/phones perfect with all the software and cool features wil like, yet somehow we think it should be free, or at least very low cost. This software and technology COSTS to make, and maintaining its quality is also VERY COSTLY. If you aren't willing to spend money with these people so they can buy their gas/milk, just why should they help you out?

Old saying around my world: You can pick 2, but only 2 {and we all seem to want to pick all three}

Fast
Cheap
Reliable.

Seems to hold here too.

Shawn

Shawn

Well said Shawn . Anybody that has been in business understands completely. But every American tries to get a freeby when they can,right?