Old 11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
kraygh
PPCGeeks Regular

kraygh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
I am tired of hearing people say this. Most people who buy these are not tech savvy, I have 5 friends with the Mogul. None of them are tech people. My girlfriend is coming over tonight so I can do another hard reset on her phone. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have had to do one...

Lonzo
Well I guess it's lucky your girlfriend has you to bail her out. Otherwise she'd have to trade the Mogul in for a less pretty phone.
May I ask how your girlfriend and pals learned about the Mogul? I mean, throwing a couple of hundred dollars down on something you are HOPING to figure out, just doesn't make sense. Surely the Mogul must DO something that their previous phone did not and that's why they chose it. No?

Besides, I think the term "tech savy" is being blown out of perportion here. No one is born with knowledge about new gadgets, so there's always a time when tech-lovers like myself might refer to a message board for an answer. I've built computers and worked with aircraft navigation equipment for the last 18 years, yet up until this year I had no idea what ##778 did.

Outside of this message board, I have NEVER had a conversation about the look of a PDA phone. I'm serious. I and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW who owns a PDA phone, buys based on features. So to say that most dont, just isn't true where I'm from.
To hear others infer the opposite, forces me to compromise and suggest that maybe it's a demographic thing. Or even an age thing. Or a wealth thing.
Something to consider I guess...
In the end, I really hope the PDA market doesn't shift too heavily toward people who consider style over substance. If it does, I'll be forced to buy a tablet pc, with an air card, Vonage adapter, bluetooth earpice and mic, and huge pocketed pants to hold it. Anything is better than caving in and buying an iPhone!