PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jester fate is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 15, 2010*

ok, been following this thread for a long while now...installing 2.5..determined to get it to work,lol...one last question...i've always installed megapinky on device memory...but everything other cab on storage card...is it best to install every .cab file on device in order to run smoothly? the one thing i noticed the last few times was the the vibrate and ringer didn't work when someone would call my phone...
Old 02-17-2010, 06:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq, Imagio, Evo 4G
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Sit Bits is becoming a great contributor

Thanks to all involved in working on this project. Working flawlessly here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
Sidewinder / agrentinito - a suggestion, try one more hard reset. Once your phone has loaded up - program it (press the call button, #1, than reset)

Once re-started, follow through with the initial start up wizard. I skip through everything except for updating My Location...all other settings can be done later.

Once finished, I go into settings, personal, phone, CDMA services and set location to "ON".

I than use "QuickGPS" to download/update my GPS.

I than use active sync to restore my contacts, calendar, favorites etc.

Basically, I now have a working stock TouchFlo3d, with contacts.

Than follow the instructions on this first page. Install NET 3.5, sdkcerts, disable TouchFlo3D (or if you flashed w/ the new rom, it will say Touch Sense in the today screen menu) and than soft reset.

Than install the new sense 2.5 cab from pinky. Soft reset.

Once booted, install MMS fix from page one. This will also fix the start menu problem (pushing the home key and nothing happens).

I believe someone earlier asked if they can't access the start menu, than how to get to the next cabs to install....you can always assign one of the sense 2.5 home screen shortcuts to File Explorer for now and go that route.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

Did I somehow miss something in this thread or am I having a unique issue? When I press the Windows hard key, I get the same honeycomb list as if I pressed "start." I used to get a customizable applications page.

In fact, the only way I can even find some of my applications is to act like I'm going to add them to one of the three hotspots on the home page. Then they show up in an applications list that I can pick from. Otherwise I can't find them anywhere. (Win Media Player, e.g.) I didn't customize anything and everything else seems to be working great.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxKevin View Post
Did I somehow miss something in this thread or am I having a unique issue? When I press the Windows hard key, I get the same honeycomb list as if I pressed "start." I used to get a customizable applications page.

In fact, the only way I can even find some of my applications is to act like I'm going to add them to one of the three hotspots on the home page. Then they show up in an applications list that I can pick from. Otherwise I can't find them anywhere. (Win Media Player, e.g.) I didn't customize anything and everything else seems to be working great.
I think I have the same issue. I'm also seeing duplicates. For example, i have multiple Opera icons, two Settings icons, and several other duplicates.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I think I have the same issue. I'm also seeing duplicates. For example, i have multiple Opera icons, two Settings icons, and several other duplicates.
I found that if you delete those icons that you know are duplicated BEFORE installing Sense 2.5, you have a normal set of icons afterwards. I just used TotalCommander to do it. Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslawren View Post
I found that if you delete those icons that you know are duplicated BEFORE installing Sense 2.5, you have a normal set of icons afterwards. I just used TotalCommander to do it. Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
LOL..that's all well and good if I could predict the future.

I didn't have duplicates prior to installing though. I assume it's safe to just delete them now however correct?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
When you load the Sense .cab on top of TF3D you end up with a ton of duplicate files. I use SKtools to find and delete the duplicate files and gain a lot of memory back. After I delete the bloatware and duplicate files I can boot at 49 or 50 % memory.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Can anyone out there tell me how the performance is with the 3.04 rom and the new Sense 2.5? Is it running slow?
Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
This build Works Perfectly, weather is updating from My Location without issues and the latest build runs so smooth it feels like im running the original 2.0 build that came on unit. But I do have one question about text messages, is it by design that my text messages do not show in the windows default tmail application when opened, it shows all my email accounts but not my text messages. Not a major but was wondering..

I noticed only a double settings icon on my unit but one goes to the regular start menu setting menu and the other jumps to Sense setting tab... I learned the best way not to have any programs icons, I installed them after I get Sense up and running first... After reset I jump straight into installing Sense 2.5

Also anyone experiencing issues with start menu not showing when start button is press just install Sense Fix 2.5 cab and this will resolve this and start menu will work as designed.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Can anyone out there tell me how the performance is with the 3.04 rom and the new Sense 2.5? Is it running slow?
Other than the duplicate icons, so far this is running VERY VERY smooth and swift for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio