PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jester fate is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 15, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
Is the MMS fix a true fix or disabling the HTC messaging like it did before? I went back to stock as I didn't like the side effects of disabling HTC messaging so I wanted to confirm this before trying the latest version.
i text in several different ways on my imagio...so far everything is working smoothly with the text and mms...
Old 02-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester fate View Post
i text in several different ways on my imagio...so far everything is working smoothly with the text and mms...
When you text from the main Sense UI screen does it have the Sense threaded messaging look or the old windows look?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
RLM703

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcummings2 View Post
for some reason, sense restarts when I try to add my favorite contacts... any help???
I am experiencing this problem as well, did you find a fix for it. This only happens to one of my contacts though. I tried changing the name to less letters in the name (equal to one i had added successfully), still didn't function correctly. I did notice though this was the one and only contact i had linked via facebook prior to installation of M2.5. I have linked other contacts (after installation) and have added them without an issue.

I have deleted the problem contact (which happens to be my gf) then created her contact card again. linked her contact to facebook, didn't seem to work right, tried to add and it failed. I am not able to even review her contact information through the TF3D interface, only through the windows/outlook interface. tried again with delete then add, didn't link to facebook this time, then tried to add her to the favorites list, worked fine. Tried to link to her facebook profile again, TF3D restarted again! Just as well once it restarted i tried to access the contact card from the favorites link and TF3D restarted again.

I would assume the issue lies somewhere inside the phone, meaning not her specific profile on facebook. I would think some kind of registry file for the facebook link interface. Not really sure, if someone with further knowledge of how the facebook link funtion works would like to shed some light on this matter that would be greatly appriciated.

Sorry for the extensive post by the way... Thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yes sms and mms fix is true htc fix
Old 02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

I absolutely ABHORE this messaging app. How can I restore/use the Microsoft one instead?
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I think I have the same issue. I'm also seeing duplicates. For example, i have multiple Opera icons, two Settings icons, and several other duplicates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmeloR View Post
So I upgraded to sense 2.5 and installed the sms fix. With the sms fix installed, everything locks up and causes problems. Once I removed the sms fix it was running smooth and I am able to us WM sms as before but not the HTC messaging. Is there any way to get the HTC messaging interface from sense 2.0 into the sense 2.5. I like being able to use WM sms sometimes and I really don't like the sense 2.5 sms interface, was running way to slow and not working for me...
The ones reporting issues, did you re-download the new cab, the old one has the same name but the new cab is made to accept the updated fixes? The new build works noticeably better than previous build in so many ways...

This is what I noticed, if you see the white screen when you boot up for a minute you have the wrong cab.. Download new cab..
Old Cab Size : 67.46 MB
New Cab Size : 70.08 MB

Last edited by Wildman; 02-17-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
The ones reporting issues, did you re-download the new cab, the old one has the same name but the new cab is made to accept the updated fixes? This is what I noticed, if you see the white screen when you boot up for a minute you have the wrong cab.. Download new cab..
Old Cab Size : 67.46 MB
New Cab Size : 70.08 MB
Yes I've confirmed that I used the new cab.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM703 View Post
I am experiencing this problem as well, did you find a fix for it. This only happens to one of my contacts though. I tried changing the name to less letters in the name (equal to one i had added successfully), still didn't function correctly. I did notice though this was the one and only contact i had linked via facebook prior to installation of M2.5. I have linked other contacts (after installation) and have added them without an issue.

I have deleted the problem contact (which happens to be my gf) then created her contact card again. linked her contact to facebook, didn't seem to work right, tried to add and it failed. I am not able to even review her contact information through the TF3D interface, only through the windows/outlook interface. tried again with delete then add, didn't link to facebook this time, then tried to add her to the favorites list, worked fine. Tried to link to her facebook profile again, TF3D restarted again! Just as well once it restarted i tried to access the contact card from the favorites link and TF3D restarted again.

I would assume the issue lies somewhere inside the phone, meaning not her specific profile on facebook. I would think some kind of registry file for the facebook link interface. Not really sure, if someone with further knowledge of how the facebook link funtion works would like to shed some light on this matter that would be greatly appriciated.

Sorry for the extensive post by the way... Thanks in advance!
I had the exact same problem the first time I loaded this, prior users linked to FB would cause Sense to restart. I hard reset, loaded 2.5 then linked FB and the problem never came back up.

There may be a better fix for it, but if you loose patience like I did that is a solution.

Last edited by rolandroland; 02-17-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
yes sms and mms fix is true htc fix
Thanks, now I'll give this version a try.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I absolutely ABHORE this messaging app. How can I restore/use the Microsoft one instead?
You can install this cab and it will bring back the WM Messanging Service. You will not be able to press the message to reply though. A work around is to either access all messages through "All Messages" left soft key or use the right soft key "Menu" and select reply, new or delete. Hope this helps you out!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio