PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
I don't have 2.5 running right now but has anybody tried deleting the two files you are referring to above (GeoServices and aGPS) so it would revert back to the stock ones that came with imagio? Copy those two files to your storage card first before deleting so you can revert back if it cause problems.
You know, that never occurred to me. That's a great idea. If what I'm trying right now doesn't work, I'll definitely give that a go. Thanks for the idea Keith.
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 02-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslawren View Post
You know, that never occurred to me. That's a great idea. If what I'm trying right now doesn't work, I'll definitely give that a go. Thanks for the idea Keith.
Yeah, that was actually one of my first tests. No luck.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
I found a Rhodium (TP2) zip of all the files from 2012. I'm not saying we should make a 2012 cab out of it, but if anyone knows how to make cabs out of this kind of stuff, have at it. I'm running out of ideas.

Credit to Steve0007 over at XDA...

Thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...38#post5604538

Packages for download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywkcwx

Last edited by cslawren; 02-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslawren View Post
I found a Rhodium (TP2) zip of all the files from 2012. I'm not saying we should make a 2012 cab out of it, but if anyone knows how to make cabs out of this kind of stuff, have at it. I'm running out of ideas.

Credit to Steve0007 over at XDA...

Thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...38#post5604538

Packages for download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywkcwx
That looks like the one I have now, but I am going to dig into it and see if there are any differences. I will report the findings, if any.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I cross-referenced every package that we seem to think would affect this thing for the location weather on the Sense 2.5 cab and the Rhodium package I posted before. We've got everything and it still isn't working. I think that pretty much disproves my theory that it was files that needed to be updated. Back to the drawing board it is.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

phone canvas messes up your dialer do not use
Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Did you try this before installing sense
Copy all the agps ,geo and mylocation files on to storage card
Then install Sense
Delete all the 2.5 agps,geo and mylocation files
Then copy all the original agps,geo and mylocation files back

Im getting an exchange phone tomorrow so i will try it on a fresh start and post back results

Last edited by maxtcee; 02-14-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
Did you try this before installing sense
Copy all the agps ,geo and mylocation files on to storage card
Then install Sense
Delete all the 2.5 agps,geo and mylocation files
Then copy all the original agps,geo and mylocation files back

Im getting an exchange phone tomorrow so i will try it on a fresh start and post back results

I have done a lot of testing and rebuilding, all without success:

I did a fresh install of Sense and deleted all the files that I believe are associated with "My Location" and soft reset. No dice.

I built 2.5 2011 from scratch, omitting the files, fresh install, soft reset. No dice.

I also cabbed up some files that were missing that I thought might also be associated. No dice.

Built 2.5 2012 from scratch left everything in (huge cab!). No dice

I am going to keep working on this, mainly because I don't have much of a life these days! Hopefully we can resolve this final issue.

Last edited by jmart518; 02-14-2010 at 10:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:59 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

I am going to keep working on this, mainly because I don't have much of a life these days! Hopefully we can resolve this final issue.

lol i did notice that after i uninstalled the agps cab the mylocation searched much longer but still came up empty
Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Do we have any idea what registry items pertain to this location weather?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio