PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Coming to the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Plus people who have hd2 or nexus will automatically be upgraded to 21mbps without having to buy a new phone.
Huh? Is the HD2 hardware capable of 21mbps?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Huh? Is the HD2 hardware capable of 21mbps?
my bad I posted wrong links. here are the right ones.
Both nexus and hd2 are 21mbps capable.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=2814

http://jkontherun.com/2009/12/08/t-m...work-hands-on/
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
my bad I posted wrong links. here are the right ones.
Both nexus and hd2 are 21mbps capable.

I do understand that T-Mobile's network will be capable of it, but I didn't see anywhere in your links where it said that the HD2's hardware was capable of 21mbps.

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/hd...ification.html <-- This says it only does 7.2mbps
Old 01-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I do understand that T-Mobile's network will be capable of it, but I didn't see anywhere in your links where it said that the HD2's hardware was capable of 21mbps.

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/hd...ification.html <-- This says it only does 7.2mbps

this one states that the g1, my touch, and touch pro2 can take advantage of it, it only makes sense that winmo's flagship phone will be able to take advantage of it also.

edit: you're right it doesn't say hd2 is capable, but if nexus which is already out is capable of it, i'm positive hd2 will be capable also. Especially if tmobile has phones already capable of doing it, why would a future phone not?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

this one states that the g1, my touch, and touch pro2 can take advantage of it, it only makes sense that winmo's flagship phone will be able to take advantage of it also.

edit: you're right it doesn't say hd2 is capable, but if nexus which is already out is capable of it, i'm positive hd2 will be capable also. Especially if tmobile has phones already capable of doing it, why would a future phone not?
The HD2 is not a future phone, it's been out for months all over the world. Assuming that because the N1 is capable, then the HD2 will also be capable is just conjecture imo. Everywhere I have seen the specs listed it just says 7.2mbps.

I'm not trying to argue at all, I wish like you that it was capable of 21mbps, I was just looking for some definite facts. Cheers

EDIT: Here's the text from your link - "The carrier is currently in the process of migrating from its 3.6 Mbps HSPA network to 7.2 Mbps. And it’s not just for new hardware — many existing handsets like the G1, MyTouch and TouchPro 2 can take advantage of the in-progress network upgrade. That benefit can go a long way when compared to the WiMAX alternative, which requires new hardware for its network."

He means that the G1 and MyTouch etc can advantage of the upgrade from 3.6 to 7.2. He's not talking about 21mbps.

Last edited by the7thson; 01-11-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
The HD2 is not a future phone, it's been out for months all over the world. Assuming that because the N1 is capable, then the HD2 will also be capable is just conjecture imo. Everywhere I have seen the specs listed it just says 7.2mbps.

I'm not trying to argue at all, I wish like you that it was capable of 21mbps, I was just looking for some definite facts. Cheers

EDIT: Here's the text from your link - "The carrier is currently in the process of migrating from its 3.6 Mbps HSPA network to 7.2 Mbps. And it’s not just for new hardware — many existing handsets like the G1, MyTouch and TouchPro 2 can take advantage of the in-progress network upgrade. That benefit can go a long way when compared to the WiMAX alternative, which requires new hardware for its network."

He means that the G1 and MyTouch etc can advantage of the upgrade from 3.6 to 7.2. He's not talking about 21mbps.
you are correct there is no official press release about that, but overall there haven't been any spec release for the tmobile version at all. the spec sheet you posted is for the european overseas version and before hspa+ was released. I can understand you wanted facts but i haven't found any yet. if their are phones that tmobile have that do hspa, like the nexus or n900, then i'm pretty sure the hd2 will. I'm only going to tmobile if it does and being as microsoft has stated that is the flag ship phone im pretty sure it will.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
you are correct there is no official press release about that, but overall there haven't been any spec release for the tmobile version at all. the spec sheet you posted is for the european overseas version and before hspa+ was released. I can understand you wanted facts but i haven't found any yet. if their are phones that tmobile have that do hspa, like the nexus or n900, then i'm pretty sure the hd2 will. I'm only going to tmobile if it does and being as microsoft has stated that is the flag ship phone im pretty sure it will.
The Nexus One doesn't do 21mbps either.
http://www.google.com/phone/static/e...ech_specs.html It's 7.2mbps just like the everything else. The N900 is the only phone I know of that will do 21, but who knows when that will be. One company's flagship model doesn't have to do everything another company's flagship model does, there will always be differences across manufacturers, operating systems, networks, carriers etc.

Based on what you said, it looks like you won't be going to T-Mobile after all since the HD2 is not about have a change in it's chipset to support 21mbps. Good luck
Old 01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
The Nexus One doesn't do 21mbps either.
http://www.google.com/phone/static/e...ech_specs.html It's 7.2mbps just like the everything else. The N900 is the only phone I know of that will do 21, but who knows when that will be. One company's flagship model doesn't have to do everything another company's flagship model does, there will always be differences across manufacturers, operating systems, networks, carriers etc.

Based on what you said, it looks like you won't be going to T-Mobile after all since the HD2 is not about have a change in it's chipset to support 21mbps. Good luck
this website specifically says nexus is capable of 21mbps. tmobile hasn't updated any of their websites even the 3g speeds, so going on tmobile website it states only 1mbps download, we all know this has changed. Trust me, i'm not worried about it, i'm almost positive hd2 will support hspa+

Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
this website specifically says nexus is capable of 21mbps. tmobile hasn't updated any of their websites even the 3g speeds, so going on tmobile website it states only 1mbps download, we all know this has changed. Trust me, i'm not worried about it, i'm almost positive hd2 will support hspa+

You do realize that the link you posted is just a blog post by some guy right? The link I sent you where is says 7.2mbps is Google's spec page for their own phone.
Reading comprehension is key, but take what you will from it all. All I can tell you is that the HD2 will not do 21mbps and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm moving on now, good luck to you sir.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
You do realize that the link you posted is just a blog post by some guy right? The link I sent you where is says 7.2mbps is Google's spec page for their own phone.
Reading comprehension is key, but take what you will from it all. All I can tell you is that the HD2 will not do 21mbps and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm moving on now, good luck to you sir.
you do realize hspa+ isn't available yet, so more then likely most websites will not be talking about it since no one knows when the release will be. Just like going from evdo to evdo reva, as long as the phone can process the speeds i'm sure no actual radio upgrade is needed. When evdo was available all phones only said evdo, when evdo rev a was available all phones got the upgrade instantly. I'm not positive but only time will tell. No need for us to go back and forth, though i know you want a reason to keep sprint because all other reasons are looking bleak.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
america, hd2, htc, united states