PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Question Coming to the United States?

Anybody know when or if this beauty is coming to America? I'm currently out of my contract with sprint and will switch to any carrier that gets the htc hd2... I dont care if it costs $1000 I gotta have it just so I shove it down the throat of those iphone users at my job! (yes I am willing to buy a phone out of spite)
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Coming to the United States?

Q1 2010 is all we know...... T-Mobile is the most probable carrier but that can change anytime
Old 11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
Q1 2010 is all we know...... T-Mobile is the most probable carrier but that can change anytime
do you think all us carriers will get it like they did with the htc touch pro 2?
Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
do you think all us carriers will get it like they did with the htc touch pro 2?
HTC does have a history of releasing phones to all carriers. Diamond, pro, Diamond 2 , Pro 2, Hero. All those phones were released on multiple carriers.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

you can buy an unlocked one right now for about 800 right here http://www.popularelect.com/product_...oducts_id=1503
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgourd View Post
HTC does have a history of releasing phones to all carriers. Diamond, pro, Diamond 2 , Pro 2, Hero. All those phones were released on multiple carriers.
There nothing to sugest that HTC is coming out with an CDMA HD2, And that's what it would take to run on Sprint and/or Verizon. That's why the rumors have been clear on a possible T-Mobile and/or At&t (GSM)

A more likely scenario, Out of HTC would be an HD2 like device W/keyboard, Snapdragon processor, and large capacitive touchscreen with a duel CDMA, GSM Radio Like the TP2, Introduce as the TOUCH Pro3/HD2 Pro

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/t-mob...to-get-htc-hd2

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/htc-h...-yet-announced

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/guess-wha...d2-the-hd2-pro

Last edited by TRUELIGHT; 11-30-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I dunno that I would want a HD2 Pro. After going from a TP1 to a TP2, I have found myself using the on screen keyboard more often, due to the larger screen its easier to use. So I think that with the slightly larger HD2 screen (compared to the TP2) I dont think I would need a keyboard anymore.

Still hoping something like this hits Sprint though

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

hd2 pro?? im not sure if i would like that either... put a keyboard on a device that big and you have a tablet or netbook!

just my thoughts!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Guess What Comes After the HTC HD2? The HD2 Pro
File under: News
By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 16-Oct-09 | 27 Comments

We know HTC very well. We can say with a very high level of certainty that after the release of the HD2, there will be an HD2 with a slide out keyboard, possibly called the HD2 Pro. Think about it: along with the Touch Diamond came the keyboard version for the professional user, the Touch Pro. And along with the Diamond2 came the keyboard version for the professional user, the Touch Pro2. See the trend? Each generation HTC releases a core flagship device without a keyboard (among other niche devices), then changes the form factor to appease those that crave a hardware keyboard. And this will undoubtedly happen with the HD2. Read on for more...

So imagine a razor thin HD2 Pro with a large 4.0" capacitive screen (for the HD2 Pro, HTC will probably reduce the screen size to keep the device pocketeble and to maintain an acceptable width for the keyboard). Thanks to the popularity of the Touch Pro2, the HD2 Pro will also have a tilting screen, plus other productivity features that only HTC can dream of.

When would this happen? Considering that HTC unveiled the Diamond2 and Touch Pro2 at Mobile World Congress in February 2009, it's logical that they'd choose that same event as the launching point for the HD2 Pro. It took four months for the Touch Pro2 to hit shelves after its announcement, so that brings us to the summer of 2010 for the HD2 Pro release. Also, because the HD2 Pro will support the Windows Mobile 7 chassis, we expect the HD2 Pro to launch with Windows Mobile 6.5 then get a free upgrade from HTC in the Fall of 2010 when WinMo heads out of the gate.

Yes, all of this is speculation, but knowing HTC, this all seems pretty reasonable, if not likely. Or, we can just wait until the next HTC leak =D.

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/guess-wha...d2-the-hd2-pro
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUELIGHT View Post
There nothing to sugest that HTC is coming out with an CDMA HD2, And that's what it would take to run on Sprint and/or Verizon. That's why the rumors have been clear on a possible T-Mobile and/or At&t (GSM)
According to HTC's website the HD2 is already available as a CDMA phone: http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/specification.html

Network Bands2

Europe:
  • HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Asia Pacific:
  • HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
america, hd2, htc, united states