View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
the7thson
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Coming to the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
http://jkontherun.com/2009/12/08/t-m...work-hands-on/

this one states that the g1, my touch, and touch pro2 can take advantage of it, it only makes sense that winmo's flagship phone will be able to take advantage of it also.

edit: you're right it doesn't say hd2 is capable, but if nexus which is already out is capable of it, i'm positive hd2 will be capable also. Especially if tmobile has phones already capable of doing it, why would a future phone not?
The HD2 is not a future phone, it's been out for months all over the world. Assuming that because the N1 is capable, then the HD2 will also be capable is just conjecture imo. Everywhere I have seen the specs listed it just says 7.2mbps.

I'm not trying to argue at all, I wish like you that it was capable of 21mbps, I was just looking for some definite facts. Cheers

EDIT: Here's the text from your link - "The carrier is currently in the process of migrating from its 3.6 Mbps HSPA network to 7.2 Mbps. And it’s not just for new hardware — many existing handsets like the G1, MyTouch and TouchPro 2 can take advantage of the in-progress network upgrade. That benefit can go a long way when compared to the WiMAX alternative, which requires new hardware for its network."

He means that the G1 and MyTouch etc can advantage of the upgrade from 3.6 to 7.2. He's not talking about 21mbps.

Last edited by the7thson; 01-11-2010 at 04:56 PM.