PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

camscell is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Small Crack Near Power Button (Betcha if you check you'll have one) *With Pic*

Version 003 dropped about 8 feet off scaffolding today with seido case no crack I'm lucky because I'm waiting for a replacement from RS because the speaker is shot, alot of problems with these phones starting to give me phonepression..
EVO
Old 07-08-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi
Re: Small Crack Near Power Button (Betcha if you check you'll have one) *With Pic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy26 View Post
My dog chewed on my evo for a bit while I was sleep and I had no crack. Invisible shield and rubber case saved my arse...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro
What the hell!!! If that was my dog i might of had to sell it! Haha
Old 07-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No crack for me...had EVO for a week without bodyguards and have had it with bodyguards for about 2 weeks.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

Mine has been nude since launch day, no crack.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No drop and No Crack. Sounds a lot like user error..

Droidrox39
Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No crack here.

JUST SAY "NO" TO CRACK!!

Last edited by gator352; 07-08-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jdoggz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
its like, u guys WANT these your issues to be widespread. ion understand it. thaz y the overall reliability of the evo is as low as it is. SW/HW wise. people cry n complaining bout er lil thing, a few other members chime in, and all of a sudden it a widespread issue. even if u didnt even notice or care before you knew. u dropped ur joint 2x in 1 night and surprised it took a lil damage? get a case. u obviously need it. raw doggin aint for u.

ive dropped my 002 4x since ive had it. 3x were outside. i gotta OEM silicone case. no damage.
I must have a low tolerance for ignorance or just a glutten for punishment, but didn't you READ the comments from those of us who DO have the tiny little crack on our EVO? We've reported that we haven't dropped our phones...that was the major premise for the main post. And I know most of us reported having some form of a case or protective shield since we've received our phones. If you want to comment to us who do have the crack, make sure you have your facts straight. I just hate comments like this...okay...back to being a lurker. Don't mean to offend, just be informed before you respond to what people are saying. Gosh.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Personally I like my phone a lot, even with the hair line crack and would prefer not to exchange it, especially risking getting a refurbished one with serious problems. I baby my phone, have kept it in a protective sleeve since day one. I do not let others touch it, for fear they may be careless since it's not theirs..

I did have one of those semi soft covers from best buys, but that made the power and volume buttons hard to press in because they are covered. Perhaps during this time I may have caused the hairline crack and not noticed it..

Some people reporting cracks on both sides and others adding that their volume area showing similar cracks.

It's a design flaw, a defect Sprint and HTC should be made aware of. So that their new units and customers don't have to deal with it.

Personally I don't mind. But it is Sprint's Flagship phone, their baby, first 4G, they are riding lots on this.. Do they want reason for legitimate owners to hesitate buying one?

The manager at the store I originally pre-ordered mine told me to bring it in, have it checked and I would be put on the exchange waiting list..

Is it really a reason to return and get it exchanged? Perhaps not, but it's a lot to do with personal preference and tolerance.

I've seen people with their screens poping out, power buttons stuck, battery cover falling off. They just electrical tape, double stick tape and push down on what ever's poping up...

30 days, $500 (you are still paying that much or more through your phone plan, so don't kid yourself you only paid $199..)

Thanks,
-CC

P.S. I have not experienced any other issues what so ever with my EVO 4G, my battery life has been exceptional. When I see someone post their concern that is not an issue with my unit, I just take note and keep it in mind in case mine does develop it. I don't troll on their issues..

Last edited by clockcycle; 07-08-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
No drop and No Crack. Sounds a lot like user error..
Um, it was a warning about stress spots more than anything else, and to notify people. thanks for your opinion.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Day 1 Evo owner, no crack near power button. I have hardware revision 0002. My phone is protected by the innocase active.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G