PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grunt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Small Crack Near Power Button (Betcha if you check you'll have one) *With Pic*

I dropped my phone more than 10 time and I don't have a crack. My hard cover case from base buy is working like a charm.

CRACK is WACK.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work
Re: Small Crack Near Power Button (Betcha if you check you'll have one) *With Pic*

No crack here! I dropped it once onto a wooden floor, flat on the ground but it was in a Seidio case.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

rkiechle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to rkiechle

I have not droped this EVO (but assume i will now that i am putting that in writting) and don't have a crack on the phone..

But i just noticed a big crack in the Body Glove case (sprint store put it on for free) and wonder who cracked that and when ? probably me in the first couple of weeks of battery swapping.... but did not notice it until today...

If i have done something to help you, please thank me so i can thank them and they can thank you...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: the mighty EVO

Fabulas is a n00b

Nope (knock on wood) [-o<
Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

its like, u guys WANT these your issues to be widespread. ion understand it. thaz y the overall reliability of the evo is as low as it is. SW/HW wise. people cry n complaining bout er lil thing, a few other members chime in, and all of a sudden it a widespread issue. even if u didnt even notice or care before you knew. u dropped ur joint 2x in 1 night and surprised it took a lil damage? get a case. u obviously need it. raw doggin aint for u.

ive dropped my 002 4x since ive had it. 3x were outside. i gotta OEM silicone case. no damage.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Exclamation Re: Small Crack Near Power Button (Betcha if you check you'll have one) *With Pic*

I just went to a local corporate store and they all wanted to see what I was talking about. At first they give me the run around about being 3 days past my 30days, and if I was still in the 30 days they would give me a replacement. Then the manager mentions I need to go through my insurance to get a a replacement. But then he says he will order me a replacement, that would arrive at the store in 2 days, except that it will be a refurbished unit, not a new one.

I call *2, speak with Brandon, he says it's a known issue and has to transfer me to a technician that can order me a new replacement.

Speaking to the technician now, she says it is not listed in their system as a known issue and if she orders me a replacement I would be charged for it.

I ask her then, how does it become a known issue, do I have to wait until more people call in about it? She says, yes, that's how they enter it in their system as a known issue, by the callers reporting it.

She then tells me that the replacement I would be getting would not be new, but a refurbished unit. And if the issue becomes a known issue, I could use it as a dispute towards being billed for the replacement phone..

So I suggest if anyone else has this issue to call in and report it, at least that way we can have Sprint know and record it on their system as a known issue.

If you go to the store and or call, to get a replacement, be sure to ask if you will be getting a refurbished unit as a replacement instead of a new one, for your new phone...

-CC
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

i got the crack too ! on hardware 002

Old 07-07-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No crack here never dropped it and have a case on mine..recommend others have cases on these expensive devices

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

staciedaisy is just getting started

no crack for me! i have dropped it out of my car onto concrete :/ good thing i went with the rubberized sprint case! BOUCEY BOUNCE!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have this or any other issue, call asap before your 30 days or you will be denied.

EDIT: From Telesales, to Order support to Advanced Exchange. Without a hassle, she attempted to put in the replacement order for me and wasn't not able to. She is now transferring me to Escalations to see if they are able to place the order for me.

EDIT: Arrived at Cancellations, unable to provide a replacement through technical support due to having had too many replacements with in the last 12 months. (haha, why too many replacements within the 12 months, perhaps because after paying $549 full retail for a Touch Pro, I was offered only refurbished units that never worked right since? LOL)

MEMO: In order to refresh your account, you would need to cancel for at least 90 days to start out on a clean slate.

PROBABLE CAUSE? Personally I think this issue is caused by having to press down on the power button with more that usual pressure to get it to react, causing this area to crack..

Last edited by clockcycle; 07-08-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Follow-Up

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G