PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Evo recieves 9.5 out of 10.....

Rock on, EVO! Friday can't come soon enough.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:31 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think this review makes me want it even more...I didn't think that was possible...lol +1 OP for the post.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i'm gonna stay awake till then.. I can't sleep!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:03 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Soon my fellow future EVOers...

The time is almost upon us

Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: verizon

timsmooth is just getting started
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Wow I did not expect this post to take off like this. Trust me I did not post this post so you could troll or flame me or for me to complain about the extra fee, I can go to sprints site for that. That said... I actually thought this thread would go unnoticed.

As of now My TP2 is more reliable than the EVO. Not to hurt any fan boys feelings or what not, but given the opp to have the TP2 with the snap dragon and same amount of ram I would jump on it instantly. Do not get me wrong I feel like Android is really growing up hopefully froyo is better than eclair, but right now I am just trading an apple for a brighter larger apple that is all. It is still an apple.

I cant tell you how tired I am of the evo erasing my sd card for no apparent reason. I also try to find comparable apps to take the place of my winmo apps, but usually they do not exist yet. I would donate to someone to create a divx/flv player for evo. Thankfully XDA and the guys here are on the job to make apps for this thing. Out the box flash is a nice addition to the evo courtesy of htc not google, but it is nothing compared to skyfire 1.0 on winmo, and the skyfire 2.0 for Android is barely passable.

Ok now what do I actually benefit from the EVO that I do not get from Winmo outside of hardware 720 8mpcam, snap drag, ram etc?.... Nothing actually I loose, because I loose apps like mobi tv and a great deal of flash compatibility on websites, and other apps are just reiterated between the 2 phones. Well I do get widgets, and that is cool. The TP2 tilted so that cancels out the evo kick stand. Now I love what HTC has done to this phone in regards to hardware horse power upgrades, and sense makes me feel like I am at home on Winmo, but the Evo is not worth the hype or the extra price tag. It is not the gigantic leap forward I expected, or maybe the hype made my expectations to high. Or maybe PPC geeks helped me make my TP2 just that good that it stands up to the EVO.

To be fair I have used only the evo exclusivly since I bought it, and I am not biased I just want to use the best phone I can, but I field tested it and the only thing I was blown away by was the google navigation. Google navigation is far more superior than Bing maps, but that is in my opinion. Other than that I was left saying man I should have brought my TP2 instead I would be listening to my media by now. I know the Andorid os is open, but from my perspective I feel like Win Mo is just as open as Android is because of the lack of Microsoft support, and the overwhelming support from the Win Mo community. If I had any other phone on the Sprint network the Evo would have been that gigantic leap, but from the Tp2 it is just a skip.

As it stands for me for now the EVO will just take the place of my Nokia N810 or my Ipod Touch, and I will use it as a back up phone if something ever happens to my TP2. More or less the evo will be my go to guy when I am on the crapper. However in the future I can see myself using Android after it grows up a little bit more. Maybe even with froyo who knows? For now the TP2 is much more reliable, and that is just how I feel. Maybe we will get 4g in my area one day to compel me to make the EVo my primary. The freaking screen on the evo does not even go into landscape while the phone is sideways yet. My TP2 does when it is tilted. This is just my feelings on the phone do not take it personal. Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Evo 4G - 1Ghz Snapdragon Processor
Touch Pro 2 - 528MHz Qualcomm Processor

Hmm..double the speed, but the TP2 still is better? How did you come to that conclusion? Even the amount of RAM and ROM on the Evo is way bigger. I currently have the TP2 and can say from experience that phone is "half" of what the Evo is. The Qwerty keyboard is just a added fasion, if you can't type on a onscreen keyboard, you don't deserve to own a Smartphone, physical keyboards are just one more thing to break, or stop working. Windows Mobile Apps? Are you serious? They are 90% junk...horrible layouts, look like a kid made them...and tweaking programs are the worst of it. You shouldn't have to load your phone up with tweaking programs, it should come out of the box ready to use...without alteration..

Your whole thing on the $10 mandated fee is semi wrong. The fee is for data usage yes, but it also is part of what kind of phone you are getting. There is no other phone out there right now that can even come close to the Evo in terms of specs, and features.

Evo 4G (3G/4G data capable, Mobile Hotspot up to 8 devices, Dual cameras with flash, one of which is capable of 720P video, kickstand, 4.3inch screen, HDMI out...and many more.

Can you tell me any other phone out there that can even come close? Yeah, maybe the HTC Incredible, but it lacks in areas that Evo has. The $10 fee is to cover all those and data usage, uncapped 4G usage...I'm more than willing to pay for that...it really is a very small price to pay when it comes to what you get.

Try out the Android Market, you will be suprised what you see and how much of it is free. I can tell you there are programs in the market I wish I could have on my TP2, that will never ever come...So wake up..take another dip into the Evo World!
Sorry sir, but you are wrong there is the Nexus one, the incredible, the HTC HD2, and The Iphone 4g. All of these phones will or do have comparable specs to the EVO. HD2 being the most comparable with the screen size clock speed and etc minus the 4g. Oh by the way you do not have to minus the 4g because only 2 percent of the country will have it at roll out. In case you havent heard 8 pc tethering is not included in your 10 bucks thats an extra 30. I do tethering free now with my tp2 LOL I did it free with my ppc6700 also. 10extra would have been fair if tethering was included. FYI I have unlimited why would I need to remove a 5gb cap? I think you are a little bit of a fan boy. Which is OK, but I am not going off the commercial. I am going off my personal experience with both devices. In the future I will be going with Android, because I will not be buying WP7 or Iphone4g, BB or Palm for that matter. The only logical choice for me is Andorid. WM6 just has all the apps I need for now, and the Evo has the only major hardware on my network. For now reliability takes precedence.

Last edited by timsmooth; 06-01-2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Add more info
Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
Bold = [/THREAD]
My Evo has crahsed 3 or 4 times in the last 5days.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Lay off the crack
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth View Post
Mine too! But none of this surprises me. Its usually part of being an early adopter of a device, and in this case I (we) are super early adopters so its really not shocking. Now what will piss me off is if these issues are not promptly address with or after the national release of the phone. I understand that they have addressed some issues already I just hope the earlier models will get some of that love so I dont have to do a swap and there are bound to be issues with the June 4th devices so I just hope these things are all addressed quickly and effectively by HTC/Sprint. Not like my experience with the Hero and the long wait for updates.

I hear Froyo is around the corner and this will likely address many issues, increase speed, etc! (Man this feels like dejavu from the Hero launch lol *crosses fingers* please get it right this time Sprint)

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth View Post
Are you using one of the supplied SD cards? Mine was formated to FAT, not FAT32, and FAT32 is what the Evo's own formating software uses. There is evidence they got the cards wrong.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic