PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 05:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

coppermine18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: An EVO rant

... I have been a WM user forever, I did not like the original Android phones. I spent 2 hours in line to try this phone out and all I can say is that it is the most productive, smooth, fun, enjoyable phone I've ever laid hands on.

The Android market blows my mind so many apps all right there in one place... Convenience is huge.

After this experience I honestly do not feel my Touch Pro 2 was anything near what it should or could have been and shows just how poorly the WM OS runs in comparison. Touch Pro 2 can be a good business phone for people but for someone who wants more and to do it all... Android inc!

My thought is anyone who spent a day with this phone would throw their current phone at a wall and never look back.

I have used it hard as can be since I turned it on and no slow downs, no lag, no resets, no having to clear out texts.

Ok I'm going to stop I could go one forever haha.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

coppermine18 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

To chime in ... the text input sucks. I miss the keyboard of the tp2 no lie .. the phone is pretty damn amazing otherwise but I got a need for speed when it comes to text input .. i used to type 100mph .. now its a slow 40 .. ppl say give it time but I might have to give this sucker back unless I find a better k.b in the market
I feel the same way about the keyboard however it is getting better as I use it. It is a change but the nice thing is that it is large and the phone is thin making it fairly comfortable to use for an on screen. It is a small sacrifice to the overall picture!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

m1dwestrep is just getting started
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

Anyone notice any heat issues with this phone?
Old 06-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

hey mods, how about moving this over to the evo forum??? You could merge it with the others over there.
And I thought it was bad in here when pslim and brownhornet got the nexus one......

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPC

Zing Zing is becoming a great contributor

Get the hell out of my TP2 thread.
When TP3 with W7 comes out, Im coming in your EVO forum and do some ranting.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Please tell me how to take hand written meeting notes in Evo that I can later email to the rest of the team. Or a quick sketch for a home project. Or where can I stuff megabytes of info in ListPro files. I am sure Evo rocks but there's use for WM and for some of us even for stylus and I couldn't find anything better on Sprint that TP2. The other big problem with Android, for me, is (in)ability to take your files with you across several computers - the Google Docs are blocked by my company, sync requires an expensive 3rd party software, I'm not sure if I can open Excel without conversion, etc.

I just got my TP2 and first impression, it's rather fast as PDA. Maybe Android is faster.

Last edited by Amamba; 06-05-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
And I thought it was bad in here when pslim and brownhornet got the nexus one......
lol for sure!

@dumpringz, android central did a comparison of the different sips for android, see if you can find one that works better for ya. heres the LINK
Old 06-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Thanks ... I've tried a few so far. I'm gonna tinker then decide tomorrow if this thing goes back or not .. it sucks that I'm willing to give up the amazing speed of this thing due to crappy keyboards
Old 06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

Loving mine!!! I got to my local sprint store around 8:15 thinking it opened at 9 as always, but to my surprise it opened earlier and it was PACKED. Still, there were plenty of evos left so i got mine, my buddy also, and a co worker in a different store got his...

This thing is SICK!!! Fast as hell, camera quality is much better than expected and contrary to many complaints, its very pocketable due to it being so thin, it almost got lost in my pants... still havent gotten a feel for battery since i just umplugged it from the first charge this morning but coming from a tp, palm pre, and samsung moment, i expect to be relieved. I have noticed that snapdragon is super fast but not silky smooth as id like it to be (i dunno if its an android thing or snapdragons weak gpu) still, this is the best thing i have ever held in my hands yet... ill post more details whaen i get more time with it
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

ok this is getting out of hand the thread thing says WINDOWS MOBILE>HTC TOUCH PRO2 not ANDROID>HTC EVO. im actually proud of htc for makin such a powerful device like they always do but since this is a touch pro2 thread we should only talk about it and how to make it even better,this is still a great phone.im tired of comin in here everyday and seeing something about the EVO or Android. so please no more Android threads in the tp2 forum why do you think an Android forum was created? reaccione mi gente!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic