PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
c.allen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

loving mine
Old 06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

This is my first Android phone and 5th HTC device with sprint.

Now 12 hours after picking it up... I'm totally blown away. Particularly with the stock ROM. Every WM phone I've had I though pretty well sucked out of the box, and it took more than a few custom roms to make it work as it should....not the case with android.

I was very concerned about the lack of a Hardware keyboard, but so far this has not been an issue at all. Battery life has been better than I expected as well. I still need to fine tune some things, but I think 24+ hrs is easily possible (used to about 8-12 hrs on my TP1).

I work with a bunch of apple fan boys and after letting them play with the Evo for a few minutes, they were more than a little bummed, and I think atleast one is going to make a move to Sprint. I thought that was pretty funny myself.

Thanks to all those here that have helped with getting used to Android, the Evo, and the loooong wait (well worth it).
Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
This for sure is not a phone for petite hands. But I'm sure you can handle it. LOL

Lovin this thing for sure!!

Only thing I haven't figured out is, is it possible to make notifications(i.e. text messages, or emails) vibrate and ring at the same time? Haven't found this yet. Not lookin like you can.
For text messages, go to the messaging app, hit menu, settings, then check the box for vibrate. Also the same for the gmail email app. Menu, settings, vibrate. No master control, unfortunately. There may be a market app, but I don't know.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work
An EVO rant

Im sorry for this but get your flame sticks ready. Ive used the new EVO for a full day now and all I can say is wow. Everything Ive tried to do with this phone has been a not only good...but WONDERFUL experience. We spend weeks , if not months waiting for a ROM release that will blow out socks off and yet never really seems too. This phone blew my socks off... I appreciate all thet that chefs have done and the ROMs have been great but its time to move on. Technology has left WM6XX in the dust and it will never get better, just different. To all considering a switch , DO IT . You wont be dissapointed.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: An EVO rant

In before the lock

Don't click me
Old 06-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That's awesome. But remember the age of the TP2 vs. Evo. If the evo doesn't knock your socks off, then there's a problem. I would hope Sprint's biggest new phone for awhile is better than all others they have.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 06-05-2010, 01:58 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

hows this a rant even??

rants are usually a gripe or complaint, your praising..

you can suck on Androids teet some more over here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181

**can you tell im bitter about having to give up my pre-order lol**
Old 06-05-2010, 04:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

I think it's more like the majority (pretty much all) commonly available WM phones all suffer from the same problem: weak hardware. If I could get a WM phone with a snapdragon, I'd be straight. WM is still quite a formidable OS, it's just limited by the hardware it runs on. With the exception of the HD2 and LG Fathom, what else is there really that has a snapdragon and runs WM? And regardless of that, I'm on Sprint and can't get either of those phones!!! If WM's hardware selection was more up to date and accessible to the majority of users, I think people would enjoy it a lot more.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz

WM6 is a dog for resources and processes. To see this just run xandroid on a touch pro2 and you can see it is amazing ....now imagine that same xandroid with 3d acceleration and polished drivers.

With that said....android is a fantastic OS .....it is thriving right now and eventually 2.2 with blow your socks off all over again on any android or makeshift device with its speed enhancements.

Congrats on the evo.....

I see a "shadow" or "droid 2" in my future.

Cant wait to see an evo run on verizon though...Soon enough soon enough.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

To chime in ... the text input sucks. I miss the keyboard of the tp2 no lie .. the phone is pretty damn amazing otherwise but I got a need for speed when it comes to text input .. i used to type 100mph .. now its a slow 40 .. ppl say give it time but I might have to give this sucker back unless I find a better k.b in the market

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic