View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 AM
timsmooth
N00b

timsmooth is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Wow I did not expect this post to take off like this. Trust me I did not post this post so you could troll or flame me or for me to complain about the extra fee, I can go to sprints site for that. That said... I actually thought this thread would go unnoticed.

As of now My TP2 is more reliable than the EVO. Not to hurt any fan boys feelings or what not, but given the opp to have the TP2 with the snap dragon and same amount of ram I would jump on it instantly. Do not get me wrong I feel like Android is really growing up hopefully froyo is better than eclair, but right now I am just trading an apple for a brighter larger apple that is all. It is still an apple.

I cant tell you how tired I am of the evo erasing my sd card for no apparent reason. I also try to find comparable apps to take the place of my winmo apps, but usually they do not exist yet. I would donate to someone to create a divx/flv player for evo. Thankfully XDA and the guys here are on the job to make apps for this thing. Out the box flash is a nice addition to the evo courtesy of htc not google, but it is nothing compared to skyfire 1.0 on winmo, and the skyfire 2.0 for Android is barely passable.

Ok now what do I actually benefit from the EVO that I do not get from Winmo outside of hardware 720 8mpcam, snap drag, ram etc?.... Nothing actually I loose, because I loose apps like mobi tv and a great deal of flash compatibility on websites, and other apps are just reiterated between the 2 phones. Well I do get widgets, and that is cool. The TP2 tilted so that cancels out the evo kick stand. Now I love what HTC has done to this phone in regards to hardware horse power upgrades, and sense makes me feel like I am at home on Winmo, but the Evo is not worth the hype or the extra price tag. It is not the gigantic leap forward I expected, or maybe the hype made my expectations to high. Or maybe PPC geeks helped me make my TP2 just that good that it stands up to the EVO.

To be fair I have used only the evo exclusivly since I bought it, and I am not biased I just want to use the best phone I can, but I field tested it and the only thing I was blown away by was the google navigation. Google navigation is far more superior than Bing maps, but that is in my opinion. Other than that I was left saying man I should have brought my TP2 instead I would be listening to my media by now. I know the Andorid os is open, but from my perspective I feel like Win Mo is just as open as Android is because of the lack of Microsoft support, and the overwhelming support from the Win Mo community. If I had any other phone on the Sprint network the Evo would have been that gigantic leap, but from the Tp2 it is just a skip.

As it stands for me for now the EVO will just take the place of my Nokia N810 or my Ipod Touch, and I will use it as a back up phone if something ever happens to my TP2. More or less the evo will be my go to guy when I am on the crapper. However in the future I can see myself using Android after it grows up a little bit more. Maybe even with froyo who knows? For now the TP2 is much more reliable, and that is just how I feel. Maybe we will get 4g in my area one day to compel me to make the EVo my primary. The freaking screen on the evo does not even go into landscape while the phone is sideways yet. My TP2 does when it is tilted. This is just my feelings on the phone do not take it personal. Thanks