PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I love the Evo, but sure hope an auto call recorder that works surfaces soon. That's the only one I can think of that's missing so far.
I love it too and flipz tweeted earlier today that he is close to an auto rooter. I cant wait until my Evo is Fresssh!!!! Evo support on fresh kitchen would be amazing. My Hero was fast with Fresh so I know the Evo will be Supersonic lol (Couldn't resist).

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: Completely unbiased review of the Evo 4G.

dont knw if its posted already but if u got tp2 batterys layin around they will work on evo. different model number is really just cuz evo's battery is red. but works fine !!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Evo will be Supersonic

<groan>
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: Likes & Dislikes of the EVO...

You can't take video while you're on the phone because the mic is in use while you're trying to record...............but you can take all the pictures you want while using the phone! As a matter of fact.......it seems like the camera is a lot faster while using it and the phone @ the same time!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Say what you want but I haven't seen any device with as good of battery life as the iTurd. That includes multitasking every app and full push notifications. Anyway, back to the topic....

rooster94, where did you get your Evo and is a "day" 24 hours?
Here, let me clarify my statement some. With Push Gmail on I was able to get about 8 or 9 hours out of the thing. Which sucks, but isn't too horrible. However with it off then I can easily last at least 16 hours, depending on how many calls I make and how much I stream Sirius. So for me a day is probably about 16-17 hours.
and I got my Evo on Ebay from a guy who got it at the Google I/O Event.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspideyr View Post
Hi, I preordered my Evo and will be getting it friday. I'm a Sprint Diamond user and the first weeks with my phone I got about 4 hours of battery with no usage. This was caused by the phone searching for a EVDO Rev.A signal when it was not present. When the Rev.A antenna went up, I easily got about 20-30 hours of battery life with moderate usage. I'm pretty sure the battery on the EVO is going dead because the 4G antenna is ON, although not in use. If you turn it off, along with BT when not using it, it will last a normal battery life. I'll confirm this on friday
I was hoping that was true too but the couple of reviews I've seen have it off. My buddy with the Evo from I/O has it off as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Man please... as a former 3gs owner I had to buy a mophie juicepack just to be able to make it through the day. The battery life on that thing is terrible I dont know where you got that from.
I know over a handful of people with them. 3 in my family. Some do have external battery packs or the morphie pack but with low to moderate use they just seem to last much longer than any smartphone I've owned or used. I more concerned with the reports of the EVO having such short battery life with little to no use. Not heavy continuous use that would drain any device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster94 View Post
Here, let me clarify my statement some. With Push Gmail on I was able to get about 8 or 9 hours out of the thing. Which sucks, but isn't too horrible. However with it off then I can easily last at least 16 hours, depending on how many calls I make and how much I stream Sirius. So for me a day is probably about 16-17 hours.
and I got my Evo on Ebay from a guy who got it at the Google I/O Event.
With 8-9 hours what kind of usage are you putting through it? Not horrible but pretty bad if you're not using it much.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
I was hoping that was true too but the couple of reviews I've seen have it off. My buddy with the Evo from I/O has it off as well.

I know over a handful of people with them. 3 in my family. Some do have external battery packs or the morphie pack but with low to moderate use they just seem to last much longer than any smartphone I've owned or used. I more concerned with the reports of the EVO having such short battery life with little to no use. Not heavy continuous use that would drain any device.

With 8-9 hours what kind of usage are you putting through it? Not horrible but pretty bad if you're not using it much.
Probably about 30 minutes to an hour of talking on the phone, and then maybe an hour or so using apps or surfing the web. The Push mail hardly seems worth it if it kills the battery that much, but thats just me.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
From what I've seen, AMOLED doesn't really make a difference in battery life in real world usage. It's more power hungry than LCD TFTs when displaying light colors (think of what that means for web browsing), and has to crank to max brightness for any visibility when ambient light is high. Any power savings from dark colors and low-light scenarios are basically a wash.

And although CDMA is supposedly a little more power hungry than GSM (and who knows about WIMAX), the battery will be 1500 mAh vs 1230 in the HD2. I think most people will make it through a day OK. Not really an issue for me anyway though since I work in an office and I can top off the battery any time I need to.
Kicking this up again - also discussing here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123199

HTC just posted the EVO on their site for pre-order. Take a look at the specs down at the bottom regarding the display for the EVO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-1-2010 5-44-09 PM.jpg (87.4 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by madoc; 06-01-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added screenshot from HTC site
Old 06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Guy this review makes no sense, and wish they would remove this..
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Re: Evo recieves 9.5 out of 10.....

I really like this review, there are really cool shots and stuff in it, thanks!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic