PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Atdhe.net on EVO

Thanks guys!!

^ Replace Tmo Wing with Sprint 700 Palm
Old 05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Got to play with a brand new Evo today... Start up is fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
That's for sure. The Evo boots up in 1 minute, my TP2 can drag on for well over 5 minutes before Sense is running and it is fully responsive. Yet the processor on the Evo isn't even twice as fast. It's the Android, to be sure.
It's a combination of both, actually. Android does start faster, yes, but the snapdragon also speeds it up a ton.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
It's a combination of both, actually. Android does start faster, yes, but the snapdragon also speeds it up a ton.
Yeah, and also the fact that I has a load of start-up programs in the TP2, like Automatic Call Recording. I wouldn't mind slowing down my Evo's startup time some to get a working program that does that.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Ya, the Scorpion/Cortex A8 core in the Snapdragon is much faster than the crappy old ARM11 core in the MSM7XXX's. Clock speed doesn't tell the whole story either (even though it is nearly double), with the new cores supporting newer ARM instruction sets.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
That said, the OS is selling me much more than the hardware. I love the TP2 hardware. It's the OS that is driving me crazy and costing me time. So whatever time is lost, in my case, by not having a keyboard, isn't nearly as much as the time lost to crashes, etc., on the TP2. But the first chance there is to get something similar, with a keyboard, I'll jump to that. And I know that everyone doesn't care about the keyboard. If you didn't before, I understand why you wouldn't now. For me, the on-screen keyboard on the Evo is just about as hard to use as on the TP2 with my big fingers. The extra .6 of an inch, divided by how many letters are in a row of letters on the keyboard, is miniscule. And it's less than .6 of an inch in parallel with an edge of the screen - the .6 is the diagonal increase. In portrait mode, the screen appears to be about 3/8ths of an inch wider, so divide 3/8ths of an inch by 10 (the number of keys accross the top "qwerty" row), and there is no appreciable difference from the TP2.
+1 on the software. Android has been great to me thus far...
Old 05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

is there any way to edit the browsers idenity
Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
Thanks, very helpful. In one of the demo videos I saw on Engadget, the unit looked perilously low on battery and it was about 2:30- 3pm on the device. I assumed that they started out at about 8am or so, so that matches up with you.

Are you running friendstream? I've read that it tends to soak up more juice than the standard FB or Twitter apps.

I've still got a week or so until I get mine. I'll be throwing something up on connect-utb after I get a few days under my belt - will be focusing hard on battery life. Most reviews I've seen so far don't go into power details.
I do have friendstream on, but it's only set to update Twitter and Flickr every two hours (I don't use facebook). Wouldn't seem like 2 hour polling would be a big drain, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
What is your awake time %? You can find it under menu, settings, about phone, and status (I think). I'm using a vanilla android rom on my phone now, so I forget the exact location. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 100%. If it is, you have something preventing the phone from sleeping in standby.
The something preventing my phone from sleeping is me

I actually rebooted a couple hours ago so don't have a good sample. It's about 60-75% right now, but that's all attributable to my activity...uploading youtube videos, playing around, etc.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jrock5 is just getting started

Did anybody try the dolphin browser? It's supposed to work very well from what I read.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

I hope the subjective opinions of this thread does not repeat in 10min when the next poster decides to share his opinion on a phone he/she may/may not have...

... otherwise I am going to need more popcorn.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpres81 View Post
How does it feel in your pocket? The TP2 is too bulky for me when I have it in my pants.
What type of pants are you guys wearing, skinny jeans? Lmao!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic