PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Likes & Dislikes of the EVO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
hard talk/end keys on my phones have given me YEARS of pocket dialing. im glad 2 see em go. most phones in the future are gearing towards less hard buttons. only ones that deal with the OS. (ie: home, search, back, etc) hell the most popular phone only has 1 button. Android only has 4 and WP7 will only have 3.

With no hard talk/end/camera keys and capacitive screen, my most hated annoyance will be a distant memory.
I agree with this too. Why why why lock never locked the call and answer buttons is beyond me. Also, I always made sure to call my voicemail BEFORE putting my phone away - in case it auto-dialed the last call.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

I just hope that this phone has an equilzer that we can use with our bluetooth. I hate that the TP2 couldn't access the stock equilzer without the wire phone plug in it. I hope HTC changed that. I already saw that the fm radio won't work without the wired headphone in it. So I doubt they didn't improve on it. Please prove me wrong
Old 05-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I've only had it one day, but going back to the TP2 from the EVO feels like going from the TP2 back to the TP1. Tiny and constrained.

Size is just about right in my opinion. You definitely couldn't go much (if any) bigger, but at 4.3" my thumb can just reach each corner of the screen one handed.
Is it everything you thought it would be?

^ Replace Tmo Wing with Sprint 700 Palm
Old 05-27-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
More than likely, i'll be using this phone with my headset or bluetooth so im not too bothered, but its still a benefit missed out on.
I was just thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. How many people are not using an earpiece? I know a lot of people don't but I would think the people on this forum probably do. I never really answer from the phone itself so I don't really care about the send/end keys. And the pocket answering has gotten me a million times! Especially when I didn't want to answer for that caller, it's like the phone knew and was laughing at me. Glad to see the send/end keys go!

Last edited by jordant2; 05-27-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
Is it everything you thought it would be?
So far, yes. I went into it with fairly realistic expectations though. I knew that the camera wasn't going to shoot great video in a lot of circumstances and I knew that 4G coverage and speed might not blow me out of the water.

That said, everything else about it is awesome. Fast processor, great screen, great OS, very solid build quality. I can't get enough.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

elpres81 is a n00b

How does it feel in your pocket? The TP2 is too bulky for me when I have it in my pants.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Well, i love super loud obnoxious ringtones, and the tp2 does em pretty well. I also listen to lots of music over the speaker, just yesterday at work i had the music thru speaker for about 2 hours (ihave a weird job).
LOL. To each his own I guess

In all honesty though, if I wanted to play music out loud I'd hook it up to some external speakers. Boombox, PC speakers, car stereo, anything.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpres81 View Post
How does it feel in your pocket? The TP2 is too bulky for me when I have it in my pants.
To me it's a noticeable improvement over the TP2. It's a bit wider and taller, but the thinness really helps it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman05 View Post
Bedoig,

Thanks for the info on 4G, I'm up in Dallas and allegedly we have widespread 4G coverage as well, so hopefully they get that fixed soon (or I have better results)

Maybe I missed this discussed elsewhere, but are you able to manually specify that you want to use the 3G network vs 4G? Or does it automatically choose the "fastest" network available?

Either way it should be infinitely better than my TP1...it's having more and more issues as of late :/

Thanks
Yes you can manually toggle between 3g & 4g networks
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 PM
N00b

konmo is just getting started
Re: Likes & Dislikes of my EVO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Also, I NEVER use Send on my TP2, and I only use End when I need to mash it 1000 times to get out of a frozen messaging app. I don't use either for calling.
HAHA same here

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic