PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Likes & Dislikes of the EVO...

Am I the only one who uses the send and end keys for:

Picking up a call
Ending a call
Opening the dialpad.
Sending a call that i just typed a number in for.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

Picking up a call
Ending a call
Opening the dialpad.
no you arent man. i did all of those on my tp2. but just something else to get used to in all this evolution i guess
Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkositsky View Post
I just ordered my EVO and I am really concerned with battery life.
1.) Does anyone know of a registry editor and a fix for battery life? I was told of some work with other HTC phones.
2.) Also any recommendations RE other batteries which I could purchase to squeeze more life for the phone?
3.) Will Android 2.2 make a difference in battery life or only in speed?
thanks for the help that said I can't wait for the EVO
Some nexus users wipe their battery stats, and claim this helps their battery life. Your mileage may vary.

There is no "registry" in android, so you don't install cabs, and such (you can install apk files, which are application files). You will get familiar with command line stuff.

supposedly, if you don't get an entire day out of your android phone, it's not because of Google. It's the 3rd party apps. At least that's what they are saying...
Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

mellowtonez is just getting started
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

ive had mine since sunday lol sneaky me. been playing around with it on and off for a couple of hours batt life is great. this is my 1st andriod phone still trying to figure things out
Old 05-28-2010, 02:12 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

Picking up a call
Ending a call
Opening the dialpad.
1. I use the touch Answer buton
2. I use the touch End Call button
3. I use the Phone softkey
4. I click Call

I used to do it the way you do, but I found it's more reliable on screen since the buttons are flush with the device and I have big fingers.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: verizon

timsmooth is just getting started
Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Hi guys I am hype that I got my Evo and I think it lives up to the hype a little. The reason I say a little is because if you put the same hardware in my
TP2 or alternatively put a slide out KBd on the HD2 the TP/HD 2 would easily trupm this phone. That said this is the best phone I have ever owned, but I do not know if I am ready to use this phone alone as my main and retire my tp2. First reason it is hard to put the TP2 down is the apps that I have installed. OMG my apps are crazy. I have not given the And Market a fair chance yet, but it seems like a lot of the android aps are very invasive in terms of privacy. Why would a screen saver need to relay my contact data to a remote server? Atleast google warns you so I guess that is a plus, but I dont know I guess it will have to grow on me. Another downfall is all the extra $10 charge sprint requires.

Sprint says it is becasue I will consume more data, but I can easily consume their estimate on my TP2 especially if I use it as a wifi router which was a one time 30 dollar fee from wmwifi, and now sprint wants to capitalize and make it reoccurring. I guess only time will tell if I made a wise decision to upgrade. What do you guys and gals think?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

You're comparing a TP2 to the Evo??? And this coming from someone who currently owns a TP2. Windows Mobile vs. Android is no comparison. And you seem to discredit yourself in so many ways. You self-admittedly say "I haven't given the Android market a fair chance yet..." then you continue to go and and try to use the Windows Apps as a huge reason the TP2 has an advantage. If you haven't given Android a try---something that is a HUGE factor in why the Evo is so great---how can you run on here and try to give a FAIR and unbaised review??? I don't even own an Evo yet and I can guarantee physical keyboard or not, the TP2 doesn't compare to the Evo.

And again, it's getting progressively harder to not blatantly dole out insults to you people ... you're bitchin' about a $10 fee ... odds are you blow through ten dollars every few days on fast food or other crap that you could do without. And again, I'm all for $10 extra if it means I can download and stream video UNCAPPED. I don't pay any fees for tethering on my TP2 ... I have wifi router and I typically consume on average 11GB of data per month ... and that's with relatively little downloading. I'll gladly pay the extra $10 if it means I don't have to walk on eggshells all the time. Get over it.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Speaker output is useful for sharing a cool youtube video on the run, or a song loudly outside.

I loathe the fact it has no send/end keys. I use them a lot.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Yeah I think this post was one of those "Damn, I finally got it! I need to hurry up and post all over the internet my thoughts about it without actually using it first!" Dr. Evo, I love posts like yours because it makes me feel better about myself that I didn't try to get one over on Sprint like all of these SERO people. Waaah, I need discounts for everything! Like I saw it posted before, call the electric company and let them know how long you've been a customer. Start demanding that they give you a months worth of free service. Hell I've been living in this neighborhood for almost 26 years, where's my free lawn care? And why hasn't anyone installed an inground pool? Where's my free wifi? Why do I have to go to work? Why can't everyone just give everything to me while I sit on my lazy ass and do nothing? Typical liberals.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Evo 4G - 1Ghz Snapdragon Processor
Touch Pro 2 - 528MHz Qualcomm Processor

Hmm..double the speed, but the TP2 still is better? How did you come to that conclusion? Even the amount of RAM and ROM on the Evo is way bigger. I currently have the TP2 and can say from experience that phone is "half" of what the Evo is. The Qwerty keyboard is just a added fasion, if you can't type on a onscreen keyboard, you don't deserve to own a Smartphone, physical keyboards are just one more thing to break, or stop working. Windows Mobile Apps? Are you serious? They are 90% junk...horrible layouts, look like a kid made them...and tweaking programs are the worst of it. You shouldn't have to load your phone up with tweaking programs, it should come out of the box ready to use...without alteration..

Your whole thing on the $10 mandated fee is semi wrong. The fee is for data usage yes, but it also is part of what kind of phone you are getting. There is no other phone out there right now that can even come close to the Evo in terms of specs, and features.

Evo 4G (3G/4G data capable, Mobile Hotspot up to 8 devices, Dual cameras with flash, one of which is capable of 720P video, kickstand, 4.3inch screen, HDMI out...and many more.

Can you tell me any other phone out there that can even come close? Yeah, maybe the HTC Incredible, but it lacks in areas that Evo has. The $10 fee is to cover all those and data usage, uncapped 4G usage...I'm more than willing to pay for that...it really is a very small price to pay when it comes to what you get.

Try out the Android Market, you will be suprised what you see and how much of it is free. I can tell you there are programs in the market I wish I could have on my TP2, that will never ever come...So wake up..take another dip into the Evo World!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic