PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Likes & Dislikes of my EVO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Hey 'B' thanks for the review! How's the camera on this biznitty? I know it's 8MP, but how is the clarity, speed, do pics look grainy, etc?
Took some quick pics & they came out just fine. I will try to get some better ones & post them tomorrow. The camera has a slight delay as it auto focus but other then that it flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yznhmr View Post
I saw early in this thread that it doesn't do PUSH MAIL... meaning like.. no EXCHANGE pushmail? Say its not true?
The EVO supports Exchange push email. I was referring to a stand alone as I do not have an Exchange account. Sorry I should've been more clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
Vibration feedback FTL
To each their own
Also, they should have put 2 speakers on the device as they did with the TP2. I'm not impress to say the least

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 05-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

I held one in Best Buy, and compared it to my TP2. It is considerably bigger in the hand, and I'm a fairly big guy (6'3"). It definitely is large in the hand.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I held one in Best Buy, and compared it to my TP2. It is considerably bigger in the hand, and I'm a fairly big guy (6'3"). It definitely is large in the hand.
thats what i've been telling people. i'm 6'4 and find it big as well. yes it has all the specs but alot of people will end up returning it and waiting for a screen about 3.7" or so. I think 4.0 would be the size i would personally want, but i'm too impatient, i want 4g asap. if htc creates a 3.7 or 4.0 screen i will probably sell the evo and get one of those as long as they have the same inside specs.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-26-2010, 10:29 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 15 with the evo sorry w pics

coolness but your not helping our anxiety..lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started
Re: 15 with the evo sorry w pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Man I can't wait for this phone. It's like Christmas in June!

well if it's christmas 'the giving season" why don't you be a pal and pick me up one too.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Munroe is becoming a great contributor
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

read the last line of the gizmodo review. classic. lol

myspace.com/munroemusic
www.AmericaNationwide.com
Old 05-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
I'm not impress to say the least
I am becoming less and less impressed with every pressing day closer to the big nerd release party.

Looking at your pics reminds me that the elimination of a hard call/end keys. Which is another suck. And I agree with the sentiment of the the dual speakers. Along with the card location sentiment.

There is just too many upgraded hardware differences from the tp2 to refuse it. It just screams to me "handmedown" as in: this will be a hand me down to my gf, upon release of a 4g w/kb and call/end keys.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
I am becoming less and less impressed with every pressing day closer to the big nerd release party.

Looking at your pics reminds me that the elimination of a hard call/end keys. Which is another suck. And I agree with the sentiment of the the dual speakers. Along with the card location sentiment.

There is just too many upgraded hardware differences from the tp2 to refuse it. It just screams to me "handmedown" as in: this will be a hand me down to my gf, upon release of a 4g w/kb and call/end keys.
I agree. Once the new wears off, then reality sets in. I still sort of want one, but I think I will wait a bit and see how things shake out
Old 05-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Re: Likes & Dislikes of the EVO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
I got my EVO yesterday & haven't put it down since. There are quite a few reviews floating around so I decided to throw together a list of things that I really like about the device & things that I will have to try to get use to.

·The Design: This thing looks slick! Sprint & HTC did a great job breathing life into this beast!

· The Display: It’s not AMOLED but the screen on the device looks outstanding. I can honestly say I don’t think I will ever go back to a smaller screen after owning a 4.3” one

·The OS: Android got me hooked in one day. Google has done an extraordinary job with their OS & I look forward to the future with them.

·The Speed: Thanks to the processor among other things, this is the fastest phone I ever had the pleasure of using. Everything I do is instantaneously, even the 1st boot up leaves my TP2 in the dust.

·The Browser: IMO Google’s browser is hands down the best browsing experience I’ve ever come across on a mobile phone. Everything works so seamlessly. My only gripe is some of the images, like the smart phone quick links on the top of PPCGeeks, appear blurry.

·The search button: This button comes in real handy when you wanna do a quick web search, look up a contact or even find a certain file on your device.

DISLIKES

·Micro SD card access: It took some persuasion for me to remove the Micro SD card from which it was set. Not sure why HTC decide to go this route
·4G: I’m in Chicago & get from 1 to 2 down at home but when I’m downtown I get from 3 to 5 down.
·Email: I don’t like the fact that I no longer have push email (Hopefully there's an app for that) & I can’t move emails to custom folders I created.

All in all, I really like this device & I think Ima keep it for a while..
No Push email? I thought recent Android allowed you to configure to get Exchange email?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
Looking at your pics reminds me that the elimination of a hard call/end keys. Which is another suck.
Man, you know, I was actually pretty pissed of about this myself when I realized that there are no send/end keys on the device. I kept thinking "Why? That is so dumb."

But after a week or so of that, I realized I only make/receive about 3 or 4 phone calls a month totaling about 30 minutes (including N&W), and I was set at ease. The phone is really a secondary function of this device for me, so I don't really care about the Send/End.

Also, I NEVER use Send on my TP2, and I only use End when I need to mash it 1000 times to get out of a frozen messaging app. I don't use either for calling.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic