PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got to play with a brand new Evo today... Start up is fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I just hope we don't see the dead pixel issue with these screens like we saw on the TP2....Haven't heard anyone mention it yet, so I will keep my fingers crossed!
I never had dead pixels. I have a few stuck pixels that are only visible on black with full brightness on. I thought that's what everyone had...

I'm more worried about the dark burn-ins on the screen.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I agree. I look forward to a SuperAndroid phone whose hardware incorporates the best of everything. I tested scores of software titles tonight, and was generally very impressed. Nothing made the Evo crash., and I had over 50 programs that hadn't been "killed" or exited. In fact, I was stunned that most programs, maybe 95%, don't have any "Exit" option at all. Yet, no issues at all.
Bold = [/THREAD]

^ Replace Tmo Wing with Sprint 700 Palm
Old 05-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Atdhe.net on EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
Has anyone with an EVO tried watching videos from adthe.net ? Smooth? or Choppy?

Its free and has everything....cheaper than Slingmobile .
I'm very interested in this as well.

Can someone w/ an EVO give it a shot?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
tmobile usa never got a version of the original tp, thats an overseas phone, but i see your point

and on a side note, after reading a lot of posts in this forum, it just seems to me that some people just cant be pleased (this isnt directed towards you op) sprint has released the most specced out phone ever and while thier delivery of it may leave much to be desired, its what people have been clamouring for for a while. "sprint never gets good phones" "when is sprint going to realease a high quality phone". well they did and people still complain and whine like no tommorow. like i said seems some people will just never be happy and live to complain
Thanks for qualifying your remarks as not applying to me. I am overall pleased with this phone, and I am now pretty sure I will keep it and sell the TP2. I am just being objective, as nothing is ever gained by listening to fanboys. Everything that is a weakness, to their way of looking at things, doesn't matter. And haters are just as closed-minded in the other direction. My review tries to be un-emotionally honest. I've had more cells than I can remember over nearly 25 years, and I know where they all end up - in the ash-heap of history.

That said, the OS is selling me much more than the hardware. I love the TP2 hardware. It's the OS that is driving me crazy and costing me time. So whatever time is lost, in my case, by not having a keyboard, isn't nearly as much as the time lost to crashes, etc., on the TP2. But the first chance there is to get something similar, with a keyboard, I'll jump to that. And I know that everyone doesn't care about the keyboard. If you didn't before, I understand why you wouldn't now. For me, the on-screen keyboard on the Evo is just about as hard to use as on the TP2 with my big fingers. The extra .6 of an inch, divided by how many letters are in a row of letters on the keyboard, is miniscule. And it's less than .6 of an inch in parallel with an edge of the screen - the .6 is the diagonal increase. In portrait mode, the screen appears to be about 3/8ths of an inch wider, so divide 3/8ths of an inch by 10 (the number of keys accross the top "qwerty" row), and there is no appreciable difference from the TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

trying now ill get back to you in a minute
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No dice with flash lite. Might have to wait for Froyo.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
for sum1 whose buying the Evo, (per your avy) you sure gotta lotta negative things to say about it. pretty much down playing every feature that stands the phone above the rest. why? you like crapping on stuff for no reason?

if he buys the phone, can't he say wants about it? he "paid to play"

I'm sure there's some obama voters complaining now. maybe they feel 'lied' to? I dunno. (prolly not a good analogy)
Old 05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
With that comment alone it totally compromises your entire point. 'WHEN' its working good, which any WM owner knows is short-lived. Ill trade my KB and half assed working phone for a more stable EVO with a android. Ive flashed roms, installed tweaks, the works. and the TP2 still has issues. No way you goin back to a TP2 from a upgrade liek the evo, even without all the novelty features, (HD, kickstand, etc) it still will out perform the TP2 anyday of the week. and wont need multiple reboots to do so.
I agree, and that IS what I'm doing. I'm just pointing out that the Evo isn't a panacea, and my point aren't "compromised" at all. If you only want reviews that only tell everything in glowing terms, then you probably only watch news that puts a certain slant on things (right or left leaning), go to a church that says that anything you do is okay, etc. I don't think we're a bunch of dumb critters that need out ears tickled, are we? We can stand some objectivety, right?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Too bad. Would using Skyfire make any difference or would it be too choppy?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

so far atdhe.net each channel I try is blocked or crashes otherwise

getting a bunch of only IE ff or safari using skyfire

also no go on myp2p

Last edited by cornelious2; 05-28-2010 at 04:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic