View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 04:11 PM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
tmobile usa never got a version of the original tp, thats an overseas phone, but i see your point

and on a side note, after reading a lot of posts in this forum, it just seems to me that some people just cant be pleased (this isnt directed towards you op) sprint has released the most specced out phone ever and while thier delivery of it may leave much to be desired, its what people have been clamouring for for a while. "sprint never gets good phones" "when is sprint going to realease a high quality phone". well they did and people still complain and whine like no tommorow. like i said seems some people will just never be happy and live to complain
Thanks for qualifying your remarks as not applying to me. I am overall pleased with this phone, and I am now pretty sure I will keep it and sell the TP2. I am just being objective, as nothing is ever gained by listening to fanboys. Everything that is a weakness, to their way of looking at things, doesn't matter. And haters are just as closed-minded in the other direction. My review tries to be un-emotionally honest. I've had more cells than I can remember over nearly 25 years, and I know where they all end up - in the ash-heap of history.

That said, the OS is selling me much more than the hardware. I love the TP2 hardware. It's the OS that is driving me crazy and costing me time. So whatever time is lost, in my case, by not having a keyboard, isn't nearly as much as the time lost to crashes, etc., on the TP2. But the first chance there is to get something similar, with a keyboard, I'll jump to that. And I know that everyone doesn't care about the keyboard. If you didn't before, I understand why you wouldn't now. For me, the on-screen keyboard on the Evo is just about as hard to use as on the TP2 with my big fingers. The extra .6 of an inch, divided by how many letters are in a row of letters on the keyboard, is miniscule. And it's less than .6 of an inch in parallel with an edge of the screen - the .6 is the diagonal increase. In portrait mode, the screen appears to be about 3/8ths of an inch wider, so divide 3/8ths of an inch by 10 (the number of keys accross the top "qwerty" row), and there is no appreciable difference from the TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.