PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

How about letting the people who have the EVO post their thoughts instead of giving atitude about a phone you don't even have yet? Nothing worse than coming to a thread hoping to read some useful posts and seeing nothing but dogging and arguing. Boredandtattooed you need to relax and take a smoke break or possibly find some other means to release your stress and lose the attitude. When you get your EVO post something useful. sorry but you wasted my time so i wasted yours too.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL View Post
I punched a koala bear today.
With an EVO? With any Apps running? How was the battery life while punching koala? If you disable "enhanced punching", does battery last longer? Can you post comparison video of punching koala with Evo and TP2? Would you rather punch koala with iPhone? What are your thoughts on WM vs Android vs iPhone OS and their multi-koala punching ability? Were you able to smoothly punch more than one koala at the same time or did you slow down a little bit?

Last edited by Meanee; 05-28-2010 at 12:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ boredandtatooed

"Battery: what, the one sprint is warning us that it consumes high amounts of power.. http://www.phonedog.com/2010/05/27/s...-that-battery/
read it.. wanna know how sprint tells you to save battery life?? turn off 4G, wifi, bluetooth, gps, send/recieve, hotspot, and live wallpaper..umm dont we use that stuff all the time though?? 4G aside...

4.3" screen: honestly, big freeeking deal.. its .5" bigger than other phones.. whatcha gonna do with that extra screen space, actually use your WHOLE finger to press instead of the tip or your nail..(you guys do know that you have to use your fingers right, theres not stylus here)

if people need to complain to feel better about paying, ok... if people need to rationalize the cost by comparing carrier rate plans, ok.. if people use the specs to rationalize the cost,ok...

but were all just lying to ourselves really..take 4G away(which you kind of have to since not alot of people get to use it)... and this phone isnt much different than several other phones already on the market.."

Thanks for the informative post.
I was thinking of switching to the EVO from my Diamond. I was getting tired of replacing my Diamond every few months due to hardware failures. And I was looking for something new.
But after reading your post, which seems spot on, I will most likely be keeping my Diamond and the 2 Back up Diamonds for a while, and put up with replacements, and downloading apps to the replacements.
Although if i need yet another replacement, Sprint may replace it with a similar device, of which there is none. I don't want the Pro2 because of the Keyboard.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post

I was thinking of switching to the EVO from my Diamond. I was getting tired of replacing my Diamond every few months due to hardware failures. And I was looking for something new.
But after reading your post, which seems spot on, I will most likely be keeping my Diamond and the 2 Back up Diamonds for a while, and put up with replacements, and downloading apps to the replacements.
Although if i need yet another replacement, Sprint may replace it with a similar device, of which there is none. I don't want the Pro2 because of the Keyboard.
I wouldn't say spot on since he doesn't have the device and hasn't tested these things. I don't have mine yet either, but its pretty freaking hard to say alot of negative things about something you've only read on. If you are that simple that you can let others make up you mind for you, maybe you don't need anything better than a Diamond. I would encourage you to actually go test out the EVO before you pass on it.

This is only my opinion and its not meant to offend anyone, just calling it as i see it/feel it.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
@ boredandtatooed

"Battery: what, the one sprint is warning us that it consumes high amounts of power.. http://www.phonedog.com/2010/05/27/s...-that-battery/
read it.. wanna know how sprint tells you to save battery life?? turn off 4G, wifi, bluetooth, gps, send/recieve, hotspot, and live wallpaper..umm dont we use that stuff all the time though?? 4G aside...

4.3" screen: honestly, big freeeking deal.. its .5" bigger than other phones.. whatcha gonna do with that extra screen space, actually use your WHOLE finger to press instead of the tip or your nail..(you guys do know that you have to use your fingers right, theres not stylus here)

if people need to complain to feel better about paying, ok... if people need to rationalize the cost by comparing carrier rate plans, ok.. if people use the specs to rationalize the cost,ok...

but were all just lying to ourselves really..take 4G away(which you kind of have to since not alot of people get to use it)... and this phone isnt much different than several other phones already on the market.."

The thing about reading internet posts is that you can't hear the tone or inflection of something written so it's hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not. But I have to go out on a limb here and say you're definitely being sarcastic. You're still on the diamond? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm still on the Touch Pro and I've been waiting for this phone to come out for a while. I'm tired of replacing my TP every 20 minutes and I haaaaate the way the keyboard lags when the keyboards about to go out.

No stylus? Who the hell needs a stylus on a ginormous screen anyway? The only time I used my stylus on my TP was when I was setting up CorePlayer and I had to tap on those little tiny checkboxes to set up my file associations.

And about the battery, is it some big secret that turning on multiple radios burns through battery life? Go out to your car and turn on all your lights and see how long your battery lasts. You wanna save battery, turn some stuff off. I use the bluetooth on my TP to link up to the stereo to my car. Do I leave the bluetooth on when I'm done? No because I might need to make a call and I'd like to have my battery with a little juice on it. A lot of reviews I read said that just simply switching off 4G saves the battery. I can't really say for sure because I don't own the phone yet. Is this gonna stop me from getting the phone? No because my TP had shatty battery life when I got it, but a few tweaks later and it would last most of the day. I expect the same out of the EVO.

Anyways, I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not but either way, I'm thinking this will be a good phone to upgrade too. I've been eligible for one since November, but I didn't want a TP2 because it's just a TP with a bigger screen. And being a Premier customer, if I don't like this phone come June of next year, I'll just get something else.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thabanga510 is a n00b

I have a TP2 and I've grown tired of all the tweaks I have to do to keep it running smooth. Latley it's been running sluggish and freezing up. I've been loyal with Windows Mobile my last 6 or so phones have always been Windows Mobile. My daughters mother recently for a Hero and I must admit the Android OS kills Windows Mobile. I've preordered my Evo and can't wait to get it.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
.. look it up.. forward facing cam, readily available in US when launched..

tmobile usa never got a version of the original tp, thats an overseas phone, but i see your point

and on a side note, after reading a lot of posts in this forum, it just seems to me that some people just cant be pleased (this isnt directed towards you op) sprint has released the most specced out phone ever and while thier delivery of it may leave much to be desired, its what people have been clamouring for for a while. "sprint never gets good phones" "when is sprint going to realease a high quality phone". well they did and people still complain and whine like no tommorow. like i said seems some people will just never be happy and live to complain

Last edited by redd214; 05-28-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wildcard is a n00b

The only thing I have to say is I love the customization that WM allows. I have not used android yet, maybe it's better... I'll find out when I get my EVO.

Im a little nervous about about Android (no write access to the file system i hear?).. but I am going in with an open mind...
Old 05-28-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Quote:
@ boredandtatooed

Are you seriously considering sticking with the Diamond instead of getting the Evo?? I know the Evo isnt perfect but compared to the Diamond, come on. The screen size alone with worth it.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO/TP2 for World phone Use

Bootup is just getting started

Quote:
@ boredandtatooed

wow...you're really going to stay with the Diamond based on this guy's post? just...wow...

People should do their research...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic