PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 11:00 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I don't like that string attached either. However, I have switched back and forth between the 1250 & 2500 minute SERO plans ($49 & $99, respectively), and lately, I've went over my current $99 twice, and by quite a margin. Once it ran over $130 total, which ticked me off. So the $99 (+$10) plan actually makes a lot of sense for me, since it has unlimited minutes, and is a better deal than the $99 SERO plan. My wife will do alright on the cheapest acceptable plan (450 minutes, I think, and mobile-to-mobile all free), for about $69 (+$10). So her bill will actually take more of a hit (and she really only needed the $30 SERO plan, but she's WORTH IT. It's time she quit getting all my hand-me-downs lol, and giving her the TP2 would be a cruel joke. She'd rather keep the Mogul, after seeing the issues I've been having
nowhere in here am i talking about pricing, plans, or anything relative to that topic though.. i have stated though in lots of other threads(after my first 2 or 3 days of distain of course lol) i have tons of discounts and such, that it wont matter to me...

doesnt mean i dont understand the masses beef with it either though.. as i clearly pointed out in post 11, sprint is offering very little (4G aside) that another device doesnt already in the form of features, specs,and capabilities..

lets talk about what EVO actually has, thats others dont(4G aside):

HDMIOut: cool.. i know most of my friends dont even have a HDTV, so i wont be showing things off at their houses.. and you found out it doesnt double as TVOut already.. which was kind of a turn off for you.. $10 charge is for "rich data experience" you using any data when your playing back that 720p vid you recorded on EVO on your TV, i think not.. so that feature should be a factor in paying extra

Bigger Screen: read post 11, again, its really not a giant leap forward or anything and its not AMOLED anyways so they botched its true beauty and capability anyways..

720p vid: again, mention in post 11... and besides 720p is the lowest HD quality avilable.. if you think HD doesnt look good on a 60GHZ TV, how do you really think its gonna look on a phone? just a bit cleaner is all..

any of those 3 have anything relativey to a "richer data experience".. nope...

what did we leave out? 4G, guess thats where they assume a "richer experience" comes from then.. since every feature, spec, is avilable elsewhere and the few things EVO does have others dont, doesnt have anything relative to a "premium data add-on"..

so yeah, though ive been over it for some time... i still have no problem understanding and even somewhat supporting still, the massess that seem to havean issue with the whole thing...

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-28-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I think by a richer data experience they mean that since the phone is actually faster ( processor and ram ) that it can load web pages faster, so you might actually be inclined to use it to browse the web.

Oh and for those who have 4g, you get HD youtube ( whoopie, i know ).

And you get to use the Qik Video Chat, if you pay the $5. Most of us will use Fringe, which is something we couldn't do before as far a video chat..

I can see where this is a richer data experience than my tp, tp2, moment or hero.

Those things were just too slow in my opinion.

editL oh ya and the wifi hotspot, yes another charge, but that is certainly something that our past Sprint phones didn't offer natively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:07 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Maybe GSM phones have had front facing cameras for a few years, but definitely new to the United States.
.. look it up.. forward facing cam, readily available in US when launched..

Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

billyman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Do you relized when you upload video to youtube it is compressed? I posted on your youtube that I've seen way better quality than what your video showed from a Evo 4G.
I'm just chiming in about the video right now... I realize YouTube compresses video, but look at this video I uploaded just a couple days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3D8Qu3ujY

Even though it's compressed by YouTube, it's still very clear and fluid. I don't even care about 720p HD recording. I'd be happy w/ 640x480 if it was full-motion. I hate the choppyness, stop-action look of most cell phone video recorders.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

Is it really a dispute that GSM had front facing cams? I had one on my v6 maxx about 4 1/2 yrs ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyman View Post
I'm just chiming in about the video right now... I realize YouTube compresses video, but look at this video I uploaded just a couple days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3D8Qu3ujY

Even though it's compressed by YouTube, it's still very clear and fluid. I don't even care about 720p HD recording. I'd be happy w/ 640x480 if it was full-motion. I hate the choppyness, stop-action look of most cell phone video recorders.

That was with an EVO? Thats Excellent. I'm impressed. good tune too.

Last edited by apristel; 05-28-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
oh i thought your sig was your complaint about the fee. my bad.
haha, i like this guy.. quick with the comebacks lol

my sig is right though.. Dan clearly said 4g is cheaper than 3G, that he/Sprint was well aware of increased data usage expectations, and that Sprint would be set apart from other carriers because "We [sprint], are giving you more for free".... all while having an EVO in his hands.. thats what my sigs about...
Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Maybe GSM phones have had front facing cameras for a few years, but definitely new to the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Is it really a dispute that GSM had front facing cams? I had one on my v6 maxx about 4 1/2 yrs ago.
apparently it was in question LOL.. its ok, some people just dont know things other people do... i know i learn new things daily, this is what MLIN learned today LOL
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I know many of the flip "dumbphones" had front facing or swivel cameras in the hinge, but most all of the smart phones (WM- TP, Diamond, etc) that have been shipping to other Asian countries with front facing cameras for video conferencing are shipped to the US without the FFC. Nice pic, T-Mobile is worldwide though, that could easily be an overseas phone. I'm not trying to argue, this was just my impression.

Quote:

Last edited by mlin; 05-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
haha, i like this guy.. quick with the comebacks lol

my sig is right though.. Dan clearly said 4g is cheaper than 3G, that he/Sprint was well aware of increased data usage expectations, and that Sprint would be set apart from other carriers because "We [sprint], are giving you more for free".... all while having an EVO in his hands.. thats what my sigs about...
i was just messing with you
Old 05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I punched a koala bear today.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic