PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Completely unbiased review of the Evo 4G.

Aye, read that one. This article is very entertaining point of view of an open system by someone using closed one for years. People cannot accept choice.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.684; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

to each their own. i knew the battery life would be horrid.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.684; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I keep hearing all the complaints on the battery life, but I've had many smart phones in my life and I just don't think it's realistic to expect a phone like the EVO to stay charged without charging it throughout the day. I plug my phone in a charger whenever I get a chance. And before bed I always plug my phone into the charger so for him to leave the phone off the charger overnight and expect it to still have battery life is just dumb in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post

yup, we will see once everyone starts getting the evo and reports on the battery life.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Besides everything else, this article may be on point about the battery life? My buddy who is a tech journalist and android fanboy is seeing pretty horrible battery life on his EVO too. He told me he's sometimes struggling to get to the end of a work day (9-5) just letting it sit there receiving notifications. I'm sure there will be tweaks and fixes but it's a bit of a downer to need them to make it usable. Personally, it may be a deal breaker for me. Sure some days I'll have access to a charger, but I really need my smartphone to easily get through a work day just idling at the very least . All my WM phones can do so, even my original Moto Q could do 12 hrs idle with push notifications on ha.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 AM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I just dont want to be living off a charger as a life line during the work day if the EVO battery life is that bad.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
I just dont want to be living off a charger as a life line during the work day if the EVO battery life is that bad.
Exactly. Oh and even with the battery issue my buddy still preordered one (selling the one he got from google i/o). I don't think I could love a phone that much. But who knows
Old 05-31-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

adz1966 is keeping up the good workadz1966 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to adz1966 Send a message via Skype™ to adz1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post

No offense, but maybe you should get something besides a smartphone. We all know smartphones consume power. If that doesn't suit your needs, get a flip phone and an ipod or whatever you need to get you thru the day.

Basically, SFW! lol
Old 05-31-2010, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

I was going to preorder, but holding off for real reviews from our ppcgeeks members to post pro/cons I really would like to have one but like you the battery life could be a deal breaker for me also.

A friends gf is going to get her Evo on friday, I will ask her after a couple of days have gone by to hear about any complaints she has I am pretty sure she is going to bitc...about the battery life....lol
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Honestly, I'm a little worried about the battery life, because although it is a smartphone, none of my smartphones have had average battery life of LESS than a day. However, I'm sure there's something being overlooked here. With the same big battery as the TP2, there must be something going on behind scenes that's draining it. I guess we'll find out on Friday when we root our Evo's and see how the battery life is on 2.2.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic