PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Completely unbiased review of the Evo 4G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroe View Post
I really dont see why its a bad thing to have an extra battery for times when you dont have access to a charger.

and using ATK, and with Froyo, this is pretty much a non issue. Batteries are like 6 to 12 buck on ebay with a separate battery wall charger included. lol

People just like to hate/complain/address issues. Real intelligence lies with those who adapt and solve them. I use my phone so much I always have an extra battery on me and I am running a TP2 w/ WinMO6.5, until Friday. So I already have the batteries waiting for me.
Co-Sign My Friend CO-Sign, on top of that i have 3 batteries for my tp2 so i have that means i have 4 batteries for my evo, so i wont be stuck to a charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 05-31-2010, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroe View Post
I really dont see why its a bad thing to have an extra battery for times when you dont have access to a charger.

and using ATK, and with Froyo, this is pretty much a non issue. Batteries are like 6 to 12 buck on ebay with a separate battery wall charger included. lol

People just like to hate/complain/address issues. Real intelligence lies with those who adapt and solve them. I use my phone so much I always have an extra battery on me and I am running a TP2 w/ WinMO6.5, until Friday. So I already have the batteries waiting for me. Also bought adapters for my current mini usb to be micro usb so I dont have to buy extra chargers. I grew up in the 80's with mom owning several cell phone stores when bag phones cost 2500 dollars. I have been around these things my whole life and acknowledge you always need a way to charge it, or have the batteries on you. The power issue is always going to be a design fail since they just dont properly make phones now that have batteries capable of running them long enough to accommodate our daily lives. And dont care. Accessories are a business in themselves. If battery issue is the biggest problem, then I am truly reaffirmed as to why my BB pre-order was a such a great idea.
Yep, extra batteries can be had for dirt cheap. I've always had extra batteries but rarely need to carry them with me. The Evo will take up enough pocket space as it is ha! The HD2 can manage acceptable battery life so it can't just be the screen?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

that is why i hate reviews because its just people opinion.......engadget said the battery life was terrific now he says it bad? so that goes to tell you only you can judge what you need cause at the end of the day YOUR REVIEW IS THE BEST REVIEW CAUSE ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WNAT AND NEED ON YOUR PHONE........wait till you get your hands on it and then you will know if this phone is for you you always have 30 days people so its a win win
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo!!

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor

JK man, you're not stupid, but I totally agree with everything you said. The only trustworthy review any of us can expect is our own once we have the phone in our hands. I'm willing to bet the battery life is not as horrible as some people are making it out to be. Maybe people who only experience 4-5 hours of battery life are watching movie after movie with 4g, bluetooth and GPS all active. Yeah in that case the battery is going to drain pretty damn fast. However I'm sure with the power saving options (screen dim and/or shut off, etc.) the phone is more than capable of making it through at least a regular workday, if not all day. It's all relative to how much you use the phone.

At least we get a 30-day test drive, so if anything about the phone is just unbearable, we can return it for something else. I don't see that happening though...
Old 05-31-2010, 05:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ShakeyBonez is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to ShakeyBonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Yeah, I still don't know how this is "unbiased"... maybe OP forgot the /sarcasm tags
Fiqured the sarcasm radiated through the post.

Chicago Sports
Old 05-31-2010, 05:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO/TP2 for World phone Use

Bootup is just getting started

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...-programs.html

Still the best review going. I appreciate his battery log test (even if he didn't have 4g).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

... turn off the 4g antenna= problem solved when you are searching for signal it will eat up your battery life just like if you go into a no 3g zone for sprint or any company for that matter. roaming sucks and its even worse when you cant roam
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have an Evo and even with Push Gmail on I can last through the day, turn it off and I can easily last through the day with fairly heavy usage. So all in all, it has pretty good battery life. At least in my opinion that is.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Some of the reviewers that have the Evo are not the brightest bunch.

I saw, along with many others on this site, a review where the kid had nooo idea whatsoever what he was holding. Comments such as "It has a touch screen" and "It has a camera, by HTC." should ring a bell in your head and make you say this review is just plain bad.

The techcrunch review was just horrid as well. He admits to being an Apple fanboy. But he also states that he almost broke the kickstand off by trying to remove the battery?? What the hell....if you do not see the battery right off the bat when you remove the back cover then you should not be reviewing the phone. Simple as that. Then he said that battery was bad in 4G but he never tested in 4G so he contradicted himself.

I have seen many reviews stating the battery life is damn good. Engadget and Cnet being two reviews. Both names are highly trusted as well. If you use Advanced Task Killer, I'm sure it will increase battery life as well.

Remember, you have 30 days to try the phone, if you can't get used to the battery life, then return it. But for any high tech phones like this, battery life is going to be the main issue.

Personally, I think they should try putting in solar batteries in phones. That would be cool. Expensive but cool.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

as soon as i open the website and saw the tittle .. i closed it .. its not even worth reading that crap

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic