PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I do hope the "Android thing" does kill the iPhone. That's what Apple deserves for keeping it on AT&T forever. I know better now but if the iPhone would have been available on Sprint last year, i would have actually gotten one. They're missing out on so many potential customers it's not even funny. And since everyone'll be used to Android by the time the iPhone gets CDMA, Apple will be screwed
Apple has a contract with AT&T where they get % of the revenue of the plan...

once it is not exclusive to AT&T they probably would not receive that %..but the reason the chose to do CDMA iPhone now is because they are earning huge money on the appstore...and at same time they are killing off wp7 even more...2 birds with one stone..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

whooo hooo 4G coverage in my home area and this puppy should be out when i get back from Iraq in a few weeks!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PPC6900

silvertank is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to silvertank

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
No AMOLED is a letdown. 4G & 4.3" will eat through the battery without the advent of AMOLED.

Also, the memory is a disappointment as well. If the Incredible actually does come with 8GB ROM and 1GB RAM, there is no reason the EVO 4G couldn't have done the same.

One last point: If it doesn't come out before June, I guarantee we will hear about the HTC Scorpion (Supersonic's 4Q replacement) which will undoubtedly have superior specs. That's a bad move by Sprint.

I know I sound all doom and gloom. The EVO 4G is still an amazing device. I just got my hopes up with the specs, and now it's a waiting game for release and pricing. So much for afterglow.
HTC Scorpion will also be 4G and on the Sprint Network...so how's that a bad move by Sprint again???
6pm Nights & Weekends
$39.99/Mo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertank View Post
HTC Scorpion will also be 4G and on the Sprint Network...so how's that a bad move by Sprint again???
I actually didn't hear anything about the HTC Scorpion (aka HTC Olympian) until you mentioned it in this thread, so I quickly did some google searching.

Now I'm wondering if I should just wait until Fall to do my next upgrade or if I should get the EVO when it's released, then if there's another WiMax phone I like better, released in the fall, just buy that (at full price) and sell the EVO.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertank View Post
I think he's just trying to say what the post above this one is saying. If everyone knows something is very close to release that has even better specs than the EVO, it's going to hurt EVO sales. There are still going to be plenty of people that will jump on the EVO and then try to sell it and pay retail for the "Scorpion" or whatever they decide to call it, but The longer they wait to sell it, the more people will pass for the next upcoming great phone.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
I think he's just trying to say what the post above this one is saying. If everyone knows something is very close to release that has even better specs than the EVO, it's going to hurt EVO sales. There are still going to be plenty of people that will jump on the EVO and then try to sell it and pay retail for the "Scorpion" or whatever they decide to call it, but The longer they wait to sell it, the more people will pass for the next upcoming great phone.
Note: same thing happening with the iPad and the HP Slate...just as the iPad comes out, HP reminds us about the Slate to keep those about ready to jump on the bandwagon from going...

I agree that Sprint needs to HURRY THE EFF UP!! Me wants it NOW! I thought they were the "NOW" network???
Old 04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

They certainly need to release this before iPhone HD.

Anyhoo - the below site has a good write-up on the Scorpion, interesting statements about the screen, 4.8" is a bit too large for me when it comes to a phone.

"Riding along side this, the build property files mention the device will be a mdpi device, which to me sounds a little iffy. Mpdi refers to medium pixel density in the Android OS, which would be a device with one of the following three screens; 480×320 3.0″-3.5″ diagonal, 480×800 4.8″-5.5″ diagonal or 480×854 5.0″-5.8″ diagonal. For those wondering the Nexus One and Droid fall in the hdpi (high density). So, this would mean one of two things: either the screen of the scorpion is huge (minimum size of about 4.8″), or it’s not high resolution like the N1 and Droid. OR it could also mean there is an error in the build file or it’s a fake file. Read it as you will."
http://www.thesearethedroids.com/201...s-dream-phone/
Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Looks like the HTC Incredible comes out for Verizon on 4/29/10. The EVO has better specs, but with the 4/29 release of the incredible, methinks that we could see our EVO in May. May(be)!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE

deseagle07 is just getting started

The scorpion is actually qualcomms next processor
Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

urvi is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

HTC Scorpion (Olympian) may also be a netbook.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/09/h...in-build-file/

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic