PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Likes & Dislikes of the EVO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Am I the only one who uses the send and end keys for:

Picking up a call
Ending a call
Opening the dialpad.
Sending a call that i just typed a number in for.
I did too, and with the Evo, if you've navigated away from the phone during a call, you HAVE to navigate back to be able to hang up. And to make a call, you can't bring up the dialer with a single press either.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Just thought I'd chime in to answer some of the concerns people have raised...

1) Can't use stylus for apps that require signature capture - they actually make styli for capacitive screens - just google capacitive stylus, you'll find some w/ a blunt end like the one marketed for iPhone and some w/ a pen-like tip.
for me personally the issue is the app itself not the stylus. a capacitve stylus will work sure but i highly doubt the app im refering to will ever be ported to android. and like said the current office substitues for android are good but not great and i use excel/word daily. powerpoint gets a fair amount of use from me as well. those are the main reasons i will continue to lug around my tp2
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I did too, and with the Evo, if you've navigated away from the phone during a call, you HAVE to navigate back to be able to hang up. And to make a call, you can't bring up the dialer with a single press either.
Hmmm... makes you think huh? It would suck not being able to simply press the end key to hang up a call if you're not on the call screen.But aren't all CDMA Android phones this way?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I did too, and with the Evo, if you've navigated away from the phone during a call, you HAVE to navigate back to be able to hang up.
The phone icon should be in the status bar when your connected, just slide down the curtain & click end call...
Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
for me personally the issue is the app itself not the stylus. a capacitve stylus will work sure but i highly doubt the app im refering to will ever be ported to android. and like said the current office substitues for android are good but not great and i use excel/word daily. powerpoint gets a fair amount of use from me as well. those are the main reasons i will continue to lug around my tp2
Trust me, I know what you mean. I have a few apps that I'm nearly positive will never make it to Android (specifically a program that contains a virtual library of religious books) so I'll still be lugging around my TP2 as well... just as a glorified PDA, though, cuz it won't be activated... lol
Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
You can use a program called Documents to Go available in the android market to read and edit word, excel and powerpoint documents.
<3! My life is complete.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Just thought I'd chime in to answer some of the concerns people have raised...

1) Can't use stylus for apps that require signature capture - they actually make styli for capacitive screens - just google capacitive stylus, you'll find some w/ a blunt end like the one marketed for iPhone and some w/ a pen-like tip.
Here's a DIY Capacitive Stylus for all the cheap bastards out there like me.
LifeHacker
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
I bought it, and pretty lame, even compared to MS's Mobile Office, which is lame compared to SoftMaker's office suite for mobile. SoftMaker needs to get busy on an Android version.
Really? I actually really like Docs 2 Go. It's one of my few paid apps over $.99. I thought it was equal to or better than the native winmo office suite (i haven't used the native one since TP1 so there maybe a newer more improved version that I'm unaware of). I had it back in the day on my Moto Q too and loved it! It came pre-installed. It's clean and scales to your screen meets all of my needs for graduate school very well. I use it daily for word, PowerPoint, Excel, and pdf with no problems.

Never tried softmakers I'll have to check that out.

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
Here's a DIY Capacitive Stylus for all the cheap bastards out there like me.
LifeHacker
Pretty cool... Thanks for the link!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ShakeyBonez is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to ShakeyBonez
Completely unbiased review of the Evo 4G.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/29/htc-evo-4g/#idc-cover

Laughable

Chicago Sports

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic