timsmooth is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Evo 4G - 1Ghz Snapdragon Processor
Touch Pro 2 - 528MHz Qualcomm Processor

Hmm..double the speed, but the TP2 still is better? How did you come to that conclusion? Even the amount of RAM and ROM on the Evo is way bigger. I currently have the TP2 and can say from experience that phone is "half" of what the Evo is. The Qwerty keyboard is just a added fasion, if you can't type on a onscreen keyboard, you don't deserve to own a Smartphone, physical keyboards are just one more thing to break, or stop working. Windows Mobile Apps? Are you serious? They are 90% junk...horrible layouts, look like a kid made them...and tweaking programs are the worst of it. You shouldn't have to load your phone up with tweaking programs, it should come out of the box ready to use...without alteration..

Your whole thing on the $10 mandated fee is semi wrong. The fee is for data usage yes, but it also is part of what kind of phone you are getting. There is no other phone out there right now that can even come close to the Evo in terms of specs, and features.

Evo 4G (3G/4G data capable, Mobile Hotspot up to 8 devices, Dual cameras with flash, one of which is capable of 720P video, kickstand, 4.3inch screen, HDMI out...and many more.

Can you tell me any other phone out there that can even come close? Yeah, maybe the HTC Incredible, but it lacks in areas that Evo has. The $10 fee is to cover all those and data usage, uncapped 4G usage...I'm more than willing to pay for that...it really is a very small price to pay when it comes to what you get.

Try out the Android Market, you will be suprised what you see and how much of it is free. I can tell you there are programs in the market I wish I could have on my TP2, that will never ever come...So wake up..take another dip into the Evo World!
Sorry sir, but you are wrong there is the Nexus one, the incredible, the HTC HD2, and The Iphone 4g. All of these phones will or do have comparable specs to the EVO. HD2 being the most comparable with the screen size clock speed and etc minus the 4g. Oh by the way you do not have to minus the 4g because only 2 percent of the country will have it at roll out. In case you havent heard 8 pc tethering is not included in your 10 bucks thats an extra 30. I do tethering free now with my tp2 LOL I did it free with my ppc6700 also. 10extra would have been fair if tethering was included. FYI I have unlimited why would I need to remove a 5gb cap? I think you are a little bit of a fan boy. Which is OK, but I am not going off the commercial. I am going off my personal experience with both devices. In the future I will be going with Android, because I will not be buying WP7 or Iphone4g, BB or Palm for that matter. The only logical choice for me is Andorid. WM6 just has all the apps I need for now, and the Evo has the only major hardware on my network. For now reliability takes precedence.

Last edited by timsmooth; 06-01-2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Add more info