PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
Hi. I am a Newbie at this game, so please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions.

I see you have two different upgrades for Verizon xv6700 depending on the boot loader -- how do I tell which boot loader I have?

I have sprite backup and I have made a backup of main memory which is about 13m -- if I update the ROM and want to go back, do I just restore from the backup I have made or do I need something else?

Also, which directories are part of the ROM and which part of the flash memory?

Thanks much.
Boot Loader = Power button + Record button + Reset button.
The phone will go into boot loader mode and at the bottom of the screen it will tell you which one you have. Download appropriate one and enjoy.

Your back up is not for the entire rom, if you want to go back just go to the UTStar.com website to revert back to appropriate. Also your provider should have to download as well.

As far as your last question, I'm not that familiar with all the intricacies.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
Hi. I am a Newbie at this game, so please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions.

I see you have two different upgrades for Verizon xv6700 depending on the boot loader -- how do I tell which boot loader I have?

I have sprite backup and I have made a backup of main memory which is about 13m -- if I update the ROM and want to go back, do I just restore from the backup I have made or do I need something else?

Also, which directories are part of the ROM and which part of the flash memory?

Thanks much.
If you want to restore your backup you must re-flash the ROM you were using when that backup was made (whether that was the stock carrier ROM or one of the Helmi custom WM5 ROMs from here). Once you have that done then you can restore your backup.

The way Windows Mobile's file system works is that absolutely everything that's in the ROM is in the root of the \Windows directory. Anything you see in any other folder (even subfolders of \Windows!) is not in the ROM but in your storage partition.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700 (Sprint)

vaguelyamused is a n00b
I don't ever plan on doing this but what do you think Sprint's response would be? I'm not close to dumb enough to do it. I'm mainly asking out of morbid curiousity. How have they reacted to homebrew ROMs before (if you average Sprint store employee would know any better)
Old 09-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700 (Sprint)

vaguelyamused is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglinx View Post
Did you soft reset the phone after first installing the rom? If you let the "customizations will
install in 3 seconds" thing run, that will end up giving you these problems. You need to soft reset before the customizations run.
That's exactly what I ended up doing and it worked just great. It has the added bonus of if something screws up a hard reset fixes it.

I can't believe how much better my phone works with this ROM. It's extremely stable and much faster then WM5 AKU 2.2.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Lurker

borg.cube is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
I have version 1.6 and it works flawlessly.
I also have the purchased 1.6 VC running on a Verizon unit with Helmi's new rom with no problem.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Lurker

borg.cube is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by castcom View Post
Are you saying you have a purchased license for VC 1.6 and you installed it on top of helmi's ROM...

Can somebody confirm that they have VC 1.6 working with helmi's WM 6 ROM? As I said ealier, after installing helmi's WM 6, a trial install of VC 1.6 does NOT work...

Thank you
I have VC 1.6 that installed on top of helmi's ROM. I did a hard reset after installing helmi's Rom first. 1.6 is working great for me but I didn't test bluetooth connectivity with VC as I don't like a bluetooth earpiece irradiating my brain all day.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Sigmund is a n00b
Smile Can I Return The PPC 6700 To It's Current State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
Never take a phone in for service that is running any other OS than the one that is provided at activation. If the vendors provide a flash upgrade then you can go in for service with that OS. Do not go in for service with WM6 on your phone to a SPRINT store.
Which brings up my PPC 6700, Apache, Boot Loader, Ext_Ram, Newbie Questions. I've read and reread every post on this thread and I THINK I know the answers, just double checking my understanding (or correcting my lack thereof) before I start this.

1) Is there a way to return my PPC 6700 to the state Sprint/Nextel delivered this phone to me?

Currently my "Device Information" is:

ROM version: 2.06.00 WWE
ROM date: 02/22/06
Radio version: 1.27.00
Protocol version: SNAZ-40306
ExtROM version: 2.05.303 WWE
PRI version: 1.19_003
Browser version MSIE 4.01

CPU: Intel(R) PXA2700
Speed: 416MHZ
RAM size: 64 MB
Flash size: 128 MB
Flash chip type: M-Systems
Model No.: PA10A1
Platform: PocketPC
Data bus: 32 bits
Storage size: 39.59 MB

2) Sprint recently applied the most recent patch to my phone a couple of weeks ago. Will running APA_SPCS_20_600_303_1270_0_WWE_Ship return my device back to Sprint's latest update?

3) After I apply APAC_WM6_R0_Sprint or Helmi_APAC_OFFICIAL_AKU3.5_Kitchen_1.0.4 can I "backout" of the changes? Will either or both of these patches overwrite the current \Extended_ROM\ if I haven't previously unlocked it?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to clear this up in my mind, especially if that person happens to live in Larryville, Kansas and loves to chill...
Old 09-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Thinking1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Thinking1 Send a message via Yahoo to Thinking1
Helmi, great job but I have already started finding bugs.. Here are just a few that I have come across so far..
1) when sending a mms, the program cant access the storage card to pull pics.
1.5) when in the mms app, you cant take pics to send but it will allow you to take video.
2) when taking a pic and then trying to send it via mms, the phone freezes, soft reset needed..
3) the phone wont download email based on current internet settings but will access the web and can be used as a modem
4) there is a glitch in the txt msg feature that seems to delete the text messages on its own once they are opened.
5) when on the web, the option of the favorites menu is missing
6) when being sent a picture and being re-directed to the sprint web site to view it, I can see a small version of the pic (thanks, I couldnt even do that before) but I cant click on any of the links or tabs to download the pic.
7) the storage card is picked up in some applications but not all (ie, mms)
the phone now stalls when loading up after soft reset and I am noticing that I am doing far more soft resets than before to fix performance issues..

Thats all that I have found so far but I will keep you posted as I find others. Feel free to pm me with things that you feel might fix the issue. I dont mind being a test dummy for this type of project. Out side of the few bugs that I have found, the new ROM rocks, just as with all of your roms.. I just figure that its time that I became of some help instead of just a leech.. Get involved people. This crap aint easy...lol...

"Top of da world ma"
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
Which brings up my PPC 6700, Apache, Boot Loader, Ext_Ram, Newbie Questions. I've read and reread every post on this thread and I THINK I know the answers, just double checking my understanding (or correcting my lack thereof) before I start this.

1) Is there a way to return my PPC 6700 to the state Sprint/Nextel delivered this phone to me?

Currently my "Device Information" is:

ROM version: 2.06.00 WWE
ROM date: 02/22/06
Radio version: 1.27.00
Protocol version: SNAZ-40306
ExtROM version: 2.05.303 WWE
PRI version: 1.19_003
Browser version MSIE 4.01

CPU: Intel(R) PXA2700
Speed: 416MHZ
RAM size: 64 MB
Flash size: 128 MB
Flash chip type: M-Systems
Model No.: PA10A1
Platform: PocketPC
Data bus: 32 bits
Storage size: 39.59 MB

2) Sprint recently applied the most recent patch to my phone a couple of weeks ago. Will running APA_SPCS_20_600_303_1270_0_WWE_Ship return my device back to Sprint's latest update?

3) After I apply APAC_WM6_R0_Sprint or Helmi_APAC_OFFICIAL_AKU3.5_Kitchen_1.0.4 can I "backout" of the changes? Will either or both of these patches overwrite the current \Extended_ROM\ if I haven't previously unlocked it?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to clear this up in my mind, especially if that person happens to live in Larryville, Kansas and loves to chill...
Yes, running the APA_SPCS...exe will restore your device back to factory defaults. Your extended ROM will revert back to the stock Sprint one as well. Always revert back to default before bringing the phone in for any kind of service.
And in the kitchen, bind them.

Last edited by brightedge; 09-03-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
sorry...original post didn't show up at first so I posted a second one. The first post then showed up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development