PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Lurker

bugmenot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I installed this this on my Verizon XV6700 on Friday, and have yet to see any issues. Has anyone discovered any issues worth mentioning?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

deathworm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by otdl View Post
DEATHWORM..I was having the exact same problem of text notification. For me it was a BUG in which my phone was sending multiple messages of the same text to the person. I had to call SPRINT and have them flag my account cause the 1st month it happened i had a overage of $40.. I reflashed my device to the AKU 3.5 and it has only happened a couple times. Ask the person your sending the message to if their receiving duplicates from you?

Good luck.
no, no dupes on the other side...just a 2nd notification on my end. but probem solved. thanks to darufryda5!

and thanks to helmi_c...this rom is awesome
Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Lurker

ESteel is a n00b
I installed on Friday and I really like it. I have had a couple of problems.

1) WiFi: I have a very hard time getting it to connect to my home WiFi using WPA-PSK. At one point it locked up and the only way to clear it was a hard reset. Soft resets put it to the Microsoft splash screen and it never moved past that even after a 30 minute wait.

2) New Messaging Account problem: I can't add another messaging account. When I click on New E-Mail Account anywhere nothing happens.

3) Slow reset: A soft reset takes a very long time to perform.

Other than those problems I have installed the following software and I haven't had any problems:

1) iGuidance 4.0
2) Phatware Phatnotes 4.7.2
3) Voice Command 1.6
4) Microsoft Global Contact
5) Dinarsoft Handyswitcher 3.0
6) VJCandela
7) Total Commander
PocketCM ContactManager
Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mofotrucker is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to mofotrucker Send a message via Yahoo to mofotrucker
just upgraded to wm6, love it!!! goimg to donate on payday

Trying to get a job as Technical Consultant, Service and Repair at a Sprint store in El Paso, Tx Wish me luck
Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
First and foremost, congrats to Helmi & co. for a job well done on this ROM. You are doing a true public service to the WinMob World! Verizon should hire you guys -- they might actually be able to get a new WinMob phone out every few years.

As far as lockups and speed, I'm finding the ROM to be slightly faster than the Verizon update from last year (the only other one I've used), although I'm running a lot of third party software, so that may be the reason. It definitely takes quite a bit longer sitting on the Windows screen after a boot, but if I can tweak things the way I want, I'm hoping I'll have fewer boots...

A couple things I've noticed -- don't know if they're bugs, change from the previous ROM, or what. (I'm pretty much of a noob on this stuff, so apologies if I'm restating the obvious on any of these):

-- Video on websites -- Some websites with video on them (YouTube, some Washington Post pages) will load part way and freeze the device. It's frustrating, because I had YouTube working well again via TCPMP 0.72RC1 and a flash video plugin -- no luck with this version of PIE or TCPMP.

-- Activesync -- I'm getting some lockups after letting the unit sit in the cradle in ActiveSync for a few hours.

-- Resco File Explorer -- will work for a while, then it says I need to register to use it again, then it works again. Not sure if this is by design as an activation issue or a bug.

-- Time indicator -- does not show on the Today screen, even though it shows on all other pages.

-- Activesync indicator -- I don't seem to get the "spinning arrows" icon on the Today screen when the unit syncs with my Exchange Server wirelessly, although I do get it when I sync with Activesync in the cradle.

-- Missing phone button -- On the phone screen, I'm getting an empty white box above the Call History button. I think this is where the back arrow should go -- without the graphic, clicking in this area works like a back button.

-- Transcriber -- I'll put in another vote for finding a way to bring Transcriber back. I miss it a lot! (I'd also love to see Draw mode in Word again...)

-- Video orientation work around -- I'm also having the problem with video not changing orientation to go full screen. I've been able to work around it by changing the device's orientation, opening the video program, and then selecting full screen. It's a little clunky, but works in a pinch.

-- Yahoo via IMAP in Messaging -- Messaging now features built-in settings for Yahoo via IMAP. Works well for getting messages, but I haven't been able to send yet.

Other than that, nearly all the third-party programs I've installed seem to be working OK. Here's a list of what I've loaded:

Spb Mobile Shell
Spb GPRS Monitor (icon indicator seems a little wonky, though)
Spb Phone Suite (profile icons not updating fast, but works fine)
Spb Pocket Plus
Spb Diary
Spb Finance (2.7 with MS Money 2007. 2.8 not syncing properly)
Spb Weather
Spb Backup
Spb Time
Web IS Flexmail 2007
Pocket Informant 2007
Stowaway BT Keyboard drivers
Peanut Press eReader
Mobipocket
GS Player
Real Player
My Mobiler
Google Maps

Anyway, thanks again! See you at PayPal...

kalnel
Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started
same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
I upgraded both of my 6700's to WM6 and not they won't connect to my wifi.
i had the same problam and all i did was turn every thing off in comm manger and soft rest and every thing works great now with no problams
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
life after flash?

Let me first say I friggin love this 6.0 rom! it rocks my socks! having said that, a year ago i flashed for the first time (from sprint 2.0 to 2.2) then helim_c's 3.3 and about a hundred "sub" versions of 3.3. then came 3.5 and about 50 "Sub" versions of that. so im not new to flashing an upgrade on my device, but im no expert either the one tried and true rule i follow is to hard reset several times after the flash. it seems to help de-bug some of the more common issues. after i flashed to 6.0 i hard reset 6 times before i re-synked the phone and iv not had the problems most have
Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic aka HTC EVO 4G

ronnybej is a n00b
I know this is in the wrong thread but i was trying to upload this rom but Windows Mobile Device Center is not letting me. Can anyone help??? I just cant figure it out
Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
I have VC 1.6 working just fine
Old 09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

velcrocore is a n00b
Thumbs up

Thank you so much! I feel like I have a new phone, and will probably cry...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development