View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
Hi. I am a Newbie at this game, so please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions.

I see you have two different upgrades for Verizon xv6700 depending on the boot loader -- how do I tell which boot loader I have?

I have sprite backup and I have made a backup of main memory which is about 13m -- if I update the ROM and want to go back, do I just restore from the backup I have made or do I need something else?

Also, which directories are part of the ROM and which part of the flash memory?

Thanks much.
If you want to restore your backup you must re-flash the ROM you were using when that backup was made (whether that was the stock carrier ROM or one of the Helmi custom WM5 ROMs from here). Once you have that done then you can restore your backup.

The way Windows Mobile's file system works is that absolutely everything that's in the ROM is in the root of the \Windows directory. Anything you see in any other folder (even subfolders of \Windows!) is not in the ROM but in your storage partition.