PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Lurker

TheMonge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting Stuck

The Install went great. I am having a hell of a time synching my exchange server - I have 1800 contacts though so I can see why - it keeps hanging and giving me a generic error code. After multiple tries I got everything synched then the phone just freezes and when I reset I get stuck at the Windows Logo Sreen. Only way to get past it is to hard reset it and then go to boot loader mode and do a soft reset (If you hard reset then soft, it does not work). Any ideas? I loved it while it was working.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

k_ogre is a n00b
other fourms

well no luck with help on this fourm anyone else know of any other fourms that might have some ideas on my error 100 ? not quite ready to ditch the wm6 Idea yet (but I do need my phone working -thanks

for all the ppc-6700 running wm6 on sprint you suck lol (just envious)
Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

2ndchance is a n00b
TCMP issues, as well.

I also see the issue with the buttons being "blacked out". Also, it has an issue with showing the song info. It's on the top left of the screen, but there are some junk characters blocking the first couple letters in the "song info"

I can deal with these issues, but if there is a fix... I'd like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Does any else have issues with TCMP?

I have several savedl WMV and AVI files on a storage card and can not see the video when using TCMP with this ROM.

I have tried to change some of the settings and nothing seems to help. I even moved them from the storage card to the main memory and still no-go. Got sound but no video. I see that this ROM is built with .81rc of TCMP.

Is there some Codecs missing from this ROM?

Also the buttons on TCMP are blacked out (not really; guess if you hold the phone at just the right angle you can barely see the button images). Is this a .81rc issue with TCMP or with WMP6?

Sprint 3rd party vendor plan: 3000 mins, N/W 7pm, Unlimited TXT and DATA = $25/mo.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
N00b

2ndchance is a n00b
Loading ROM in Vista

In an earlier posting, someone running Vista said that you have to "right-click" on the EXE file and choose "Run as Administrator". This will allow full access and should load without any issues. FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38fln View Post
To the ones asking how to install on Vista:
There doesn't seem to be anything special about it. Just put it in bootloader mode and run the flash. No special tricks. I put this on mine with Vista Ultimate x32 on a laptop.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
WEP works just fine for me, wpa doesn't as others have reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Is secured WEP WIFI an issue as well?

I just flashed my xv6700 to this and before I could connect WIFI with WEP enabled and now I can not.

I really don't want to disable the security on my WIFI but if I can not connect to my WIFI anyother way I guess I will be forced to for now.

Also, is Internet Sharing an issue via ActiveSync USB with this ROM?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 PM
N00b

2ndchance is a n00b
WM6 and Slingbox / Sling Mobile.

Aw crap.... another problem. I run a Slingbox and I have Sling Mobile installed on my Sprint PPC-6700. For whatever reason, it won't connect to my box. I've installed it 3 times now. It won't work on EVDO or Wi-Fi. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Lurker

PDubs is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
Aw crap.... another problem. I run a Slingbox and I have Sling Mobile installed on my Sprint PPC-6700. For whatever reason, it won't connect to my box. I've installed it 3 times now. It won't work on EVDO or Wi-Fi. Anyone else having this issue?
Previously I was using v1.0 on my WM5. For WM6, I went to sling's site and d/l'd v1.5 and it works without issue. I have only tried slinging via EVDO though.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

davedude is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
I installed Slingbox today on it and it works. I will warn you it did hang on install until I manually deleted Slingbox from my memory card and then reinstalled it. It works fine running of my memory card. This is working with WM6. Make sure you have Sling Mobile version 1.5 (the latest version!)
Old 09-05-2007, 12:33 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedude View Post
I installed Slingbox today on it and it works. I will warn you it did hang on install until I manually deleted Slingbox from my memory card and then reinstalled it. It works fine running of my memory card. This is working with WM6. Make sure you have Sling Mobile version 1.5 (the latest version!)
I can confirm that SlingMobile 1.5 does work with WM6. I tried it out using both EVDO (Alltel w/ PRL 40023) and unsecured 802.11g wifi.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmckinney1976 View Post
Is it me or does it seem like the same questions and answers are posted over and over?
LOL! It's not you! People just refuse to read the thread!!!!!! . . . Thankfully I've been reading it since day one & read the updates nightly. So, I don't have an ungodly number of pages to read. But with the new "search this thread" feature, there's really no excuse anymore.

Off my high horse . . . I am very thankful for everyone that posts their experiences, knowledge, & fixes to make my 6700 worth having.

The search box is your friend!!!!
---- Former Verizon XV6700

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development