View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:01 PM
intrlude
Regular 'Geeker

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Quote:
Originally Posted by covici View Post
Hi. I am a Newbie at this game, so please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions.

I see you have two different upgrades for Verizon xv6700 depending on the boot loader -- how do I tell which boot loader I have?

I have sprite backup and I have made a backup of main memory which is about 13m -- if I update the ROM and want to go back, do I just restore from the backup I have made or do I need something else?

Also, which directories are part of the ROM and which part of the flash memory?

Thanks much.
Boot Loader = Power button + Record button + Reset button.
The phone will go into boot loader mode and at the bottom of the screen it will tell you which one you have. Download appropriate one and enjoy.

Your back up is not for the entire rom, if you want to go back just go to the UTStar.com website to revert back to appropriate. Also your provider should have to download as well.

As far as your last question, I'm not that familiar with all the intricacies.