PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher2011 View Post
So i used the WM6 kitchen and that was pretty self explandatory, but when got the new 6.1 the only options on the main portion of the screen was like additional ringtones themes and sounds. It also gave me a bunch of little noticifications things about something, do you guys get the same thing?
Sounds like you have an error somewhere with the install. There will be an update tonight sometime. Make sure you download everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoofus View Post
How do apply patches to this kitchen? In the previous kitchen, I could create a directory called Patches in BuildOS.
Yes, Patches should still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp1018 View Post
HElP! I'm somewhat of a newb and im trying to update my rom to 6.1 which is already a difficult task thanks to vista and i keep getting this error message during the buildos status:Kitchens/Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar file create error. What do i do??
Edit: Oops, this is a problem of not running as Admin. The new update should fix this.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Last edited by colonel; 03-18-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Also, we see the other errors that are being reported like activesync, but are unable to duplicate them. Please feel free to join the ppckitchen chat located by clickint "Here" in my signature. Problems like that are easier to fix with a discussion as opposed to a long string of posts.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

zfactor is a n00b

hello all im new here. i have some questions as ive been out of the phone modding business for a while. i was a part of the e398 family at howard and was writing stuff for people back then.. got the quad band working on it etc...

i have very good knowledge of what im doing as far as flashing etc...

what i dont know is what options to pick when using the build os program.

my wife just picked up a 6700 off ebay as her first ppc phone and wants it updated.. i have everything ready to go but what she wants is basically the apps that come on the phone stock and maybe a few others that would make her life nicer. since ive been away for a long time im not sure of all these apps to choose from.

can someone direct me to what i need with the 6.1 rom and is here somewhere i can see all the things like the keyboard skins before loading them one by one then reflashing???

she really wants the phone pretty much stock to start with with anything that comes HIGHLY RECC.. but not all the apps like touchflo etc...

i just recieved my new mogul and touch as well so ill be working on these next. hope someone can point me in the right direction. lol this is a lot different then what i was used to using. thanks again
Old 03-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliend View Post
any updates on when the updates will be on the updater ? lol. say that 10 times fast!

Should we just be downloading them ?

J>
Done. If you have downloaded the .rar updates, the updater will not know it and will try to download them again.

.rars updated to 3/17/07 release
BuildOS updated to 3/18/07 release (9.5.2.6)

Upgrades to BuildOS:

-BuildOS no longer requires firewall holes
-Various fixes for International user login support
-Rom overfill count also displayed in decimal
-RelianceIndia carrier spelling error fixed
-ROM size calc feature enabled (accessible from tools menu)
* ROM fill gauge is NOT accurate. Ignore it.
-Build files moved. Admin privs not required to build on Vista.
* admin privs are still required for RUU on Vista
-Updater modified to check for partial downloads

IMPORTANT: username and passwords must be a mimimum of 5 characters long now

Last edited by gguruusa; 03-19-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, PPC6850 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

gregshap is a n00b

It ask me if I want to over write several files during the build process, should we do that??
Old 03-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregshap View Post
It ask me if I want to over write several files during the build process, should we do that??
Yes, just make sure it is nothing that looks important. Right now there are a few OEMs that have the images of the same name. That will be addressed.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 AM
N00b

gregshap is a n00b

Also, I get an error saying " could not find a part of the path 'D:\program files\PPCkitchen.org\buildos\temp\nk.nba'

So I cannot finish the burn.

Any ideas? I can't wait to get this new burn installed!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
There is no easy answer to that.

Generally, the answer is yes. Problems can arise if two oems are overwriting each other. You'll generally know if this happens by an application that had overwrite warnings fails to start or act properly. If that happens, you need a developer to check the OEMs for compatibility.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:45 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Also, I get an error saying " could not find a part of the path 'D:\program files\PPCkitchen.org\buildos\temp\nk.nba'

So I cannot finish the burn.

Any ideas? I can't wait to get this new burn installed!!!
first, update your buildos.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 AM
N00b

gregshap is a n00b
Question Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Still no luck, it gets all the way to the end then has that error:

" could not find a part of the path 'D:\program files\PPCkitchen.org\buildos\temp\nk.nba'"

I reinstalled everything but can't get past this last step.

Attached is a log file of what happens.

Help??!!?
Attached Files
File Type: txt buildlog 080319-011244.txt (646 Bytes, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development