PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

This is utterly unusable... totally... Even after changing that intellisense to 3 it is still input lagging me!!!!!!! how to fix?

like under task manager, i have only THREE programs running, and theyre not consuming a terrible amount of ram...

yet under settings->memory it says i have 4mb of ram free - what on earth is sucking up my memory? some sort of memory leak? are the intellisense keywords saved in system RAM?! that is so inefficient... any tips on how to better use memory efficiently would be great before i can this and just hard reset back to wm5. i love it otherwise.. its just the negatives are outweighting the positives. also all of asudden im getting profound battery drainage... maybe something got messed up .. ill try reinstalling it also

Last edited by kinesis; 04-15-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
This is utterly unusable... totally... Even after changing that intellisense to 3 it is still input lagging me!!!!!!! how to fix?

like under task manager, i have only THREE programs running, and theyre not consuming a terrible amount of ram...

yet under settings->memory it says i have 4mb of ram free - what on earth is sucking up my memory? some sort of memory leak? are the intellisense keywords saved in system RAM?! that is so inefficient... any tips on how to better use memory efficiently would be great before i can this and just hard reset back to wm5. i love it otherwise.. its just the negatives are outweighting the positives. also all of asudden im getting profound battery drainage... maybe something got messed up .. ill try reinstalling it also
First, turn off intellisense altogether and see if it is your problem (if it's not, remove all today items and check again). 2nd, check for open data connections (usually the cause of high data consumption. 3rd, you can always build a stock wm6.1 and be better than stock wm5 - it's whatever additional programs you added that are causing your problems.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob49 View Post
Still having some problems getting my bluetooth stereo headset to play without skipping. Not sure if I should reduce the size of the ROM (memory issues) or if it is something else. Any ideas? Thanks again. A donation is on its way as soon as I get paid!!!
It's not a ROM size issue. Put your songs in main memory first, to eliminate SD bottlenecks. If that fixes it, then change the SD block transfer size.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well guys..this is an official goodbye to the apache world...i went with the mogul since the kitchen is available for it now....
i have much love for the apache...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

FlyByNight is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
i totally 2nd that word by word..
i had 6.0 before and cudnt sync with the exchange server either all the time on xp sp2.
this time i had the exact error u are talking about and tried just what u did. and i have tried 3 roms and got the same problem and with the calender.. it was most dissapointing .. it even erased my exchange contacts and calender also..
back to 6.0 now.
do let us know if anything comes up on this..
I'm having the exact same problem so if anyone has a solution I'd like to know. I just got my ppc6700 just the way I wanted it, and I hate to go back to 6.0.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

Quote:
First, turn off intellisense altogether and see if it is your problem (if it's not, remove all today items and check again). 2nd, check for open data connections (usually the cause of high data consumption. 3rd, you can always build a stock wm6.1 and be better than stock wm5 - it's whatever additional programs you added that are causing your problems.
how do i build a stock rom? can you give instructions? i tried to rebuild after updating and it failed.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tjarnold is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
how do i build a stock rom? can you give instructions? i tried to rebuild after updating and it failed.
Stock would mean building from the kitchen without putting in any optional programs. That way you can see if you still experience any problems.

Once you have verified that a stock ROM works fine then build your ROM with one extra program. Check to see if you have any problems then. Continue this process adding individual programs each time. You can figure out what program(s) are causing problems.

This may seem like it is going to take awhile, but since OEMs are based on cabs and they were not meant to be installed like this. Sometimes they will have errors since some things must be changed when creating an OEM.
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: verizon

tinycandi is a n00b

Is there something about 6.1 which makes the mms not work?
I am a verizon user and had mms messaging (send and recieve) on my 6700 before the update. I do not believe that I had arcsoft for mms messaging before (WM5) but I do not remember what it was called that I had previous to the update.

The problem: I can create a picture/video message but it will not send. I can receive the picture/video message, but I cannot download the picture/video.

Anyone?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

Im having another problem - I use to be able to transfer files to and from my device while I was using internet connection sharing / wmodem.exe at the same time, now .. when I use ICS/wmodem 'my mobile device' under windows explorer shows no files, how do i fix this?

also wmodem.exe isnt even working. i prefer wmodem over ICS because it's faster and direct... if i am idle on wmodem.exe for like 1 minute it stops working.. internet wont connect to anything.. just sits there saying "Looking for www.google.com"

Last edited by kinesis; 04-16-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Touch Pro
Carrier: Was Verizon, now Sprint

rransburgh is just getting started

I am trying to flash a reverted apache (2.5 to 2.2) with vista to a noid rom. I turned off the usb in wmdc but now I get an error saying it is wrong version for this device. Any thoughts?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development