PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 PM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
One thing that we all have to remember, IT"S A BETA. For a beta, It's pretty dam good but, it will have bugs, it just depends if you can live with the bugs.

I knew there would be bugs but, I didn't expect it to be this solid overall.
yea I can def live with the bugs because what's present and works far outweigh them.
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 AM
GoodThings2Life's Avatar
Bringer of Good Things
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Location: Youngstown, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,121
Reputation: 10602
GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Seriously? So I am wrong for trying out the beta and returning back? With full bars and data working on my brother's tp2 and on my phone before and after the Mango update means that it isn't my data. Who the hell are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't do with my phone? I also do have a right to post what my issues were any why I reverted back to NoDo. If it pisses you off then that is your problem, not mine.
You need to cool your jets and re-read what I wrote. In no way did I suggest you were wrong to go back to NoDo. I said you were wrong to attempt Mango in the first place IF you're that sensitive to "buggy" features and absolutely require everything to work (which is what you stated in your original post).

It's called a BETA. The word by its technical definition implies "Bugs Present, Use at Your Own Risk." (A point you noted yourself in your posts.) You took the risk, and now you're on here cussing at us because of your own issue? Take a step back and reflect on this a moment.

I'm not ticked off nor was I in the response, but by your words and tone, it sure seems you have an axe to grind, which is NOT going to bode well for your future on this site if this is the type of reaction you're going to give people who are just responding to your comments. I also wasn't (nor do I suspect others were) being hostile towards you for not sticking with it. I don't fault you for trying it... I fault you for trying it with the expectation of it being a cure-all with 100% functionality when you knew it was a beta.

Now as for the rest of your response about the specifics of the bug, I will gladly test that for myself to see if it was a fluke or consistent bug.
__________________
--Someday, bringing GoodThings2Life will become a Paradigm!--

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 07-10-2011 at 11:47 AM.
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 AM
GoodThings2Life's Avatar
Bringer of Good Things
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Location: Youngstown, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,121
Reputation: 10602
GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Update: I'm currently in a low-signal area and with wi-fi disabled, I'm indeed having "speed" issues with search (30 seconds or more to "process" and a couple "unable to process" type messages). When I turn my wi-fi back on, the issue disappears. That certainly leads me to believe more of a data-connection issue (speed and timeouts, potentially, rather than a flat-out data not working issue).

Also keep in mind that if you're searching outside the browser, it is including content on your phone and also on Marketplace (which has had a couple issues the past two weeks), so if you have any big files synced that could also potentially slow things down. I suspect that given the timing of your original post it was bombing out on the Marketplace part of the search, hence why it worked fine in the browser (where it's targeted for Web only).

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 07-10-2011 at 11:49 AM.
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 PM
esqueue's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Long Beach, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 629
Reputation: 591
esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
IF you're that sensitive to "buggy" features and absolutely require everything to work (which is what you stated in your original post).

Now you're on here cussing at us because of your own issue?

NOT going to bode well for your future on this site if this is the type of reaction you're going to give people who are just responding to your comments.
I'm pretty sure that you will not be looked upon well by COMPLETELY making up things that I have nowhere posted in my previous posts. I will post again that my only issue was with search and that IS one of my most used features. If you had an issue making calls, would you keep on beta testing? NO. You guys keep mentioning beta testing. I am fully aware what beta testing is. I knew the risks that things may be broken and opted to try it. I then realized that the phone reminded me of my Touch Pro 2 days where I wanted to do something and the phone disagreed. I then returned to nodo. My original issue wasn't with you, it was with that guy that suggested that I shouldn't return and that there is no issue with search.

Please do not interpret this as something completely different that what I've typed.

And for cursing, I'm sorry if you consider hell a curse word.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Also keep in mind that if you're searching outside the browser, it is including content on your phone and also on Marketplace (which has had a couple issues the past two weeks), so if you have any big files synced that could also potentially slow things down. I suspect that given the timing of your original post it was bombing out on the Marketplace part of the search, hence why it worked fine in the browser (where it's targeted for Web only).
It was an odd issue but the food search worked well but only if I type in a word or say something it will take way longer than 30 seconds. Just wouldn't work and even say network is down after a few minutes. The web browser workes quickly and while using IE I can type anything in the bar and it then works as it should. I didn't have time to check in market place but by what was typed you still think that it was a network issue? Why doesn't it affect NoDo or IE from bring up the same results that it takes 5 minutes to find if it finds it at all?
__________________

Last edited by esqueue; 07-10-2011 at 01:29 PM.
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 02:13 PM
GoodThings2Life's Avatar
Bringer of Good Things
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Location: Youngstown, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,121
Reputation: 10602
GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
It was an odd issue but the food search worked well but only if I type in a word or say something it will take way longer than 30 seconds. Just wouldn't work and even say network is down after a few minutes. The web browser workes quickly and while using IE I can type anything in the bar and it then works as it should. I didn't have time to check in market place but by what was typed you still think that it was a network issue? Why doesn't it affect NoDo or IE from bring up the same results that it takes 5 minutes to find if it finds it at all?
Well it depends on the issue... if it was a data connection issue, I'd say your signal quality is better than it was at the time. If it was the marketplace outage, then it's obvious... Marketplace is back to normal, so issue "resolved." It literally could have just been a matter of timing.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of an actual bug here, I'm just saying whatever you experienced was either a matter of signal/timing/fluke or otherwise not something I can reproduce from my phone.
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 03:33 PM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I'm pretty sure that you will not be looked upon well by COMPLETELY making up things that I have nowhere posted in my previous posts. I will post again that my only issue was with search and that IS one of my most used features. If you had an issue making calls, would you keep on beta testing? NO. You guys keep mentioning beta testing. I am fully aware what beta testing is. I knew the risks that things may be broken and opted to try it. I then realized that the phone reminded me of my Touch Pro 2 days where I wanted to do something and the phone disagreed. I then returned to nodo. My original issue wasn't with you, it was with that guy that suggested that I shouldn't return and that there is no issue with search.

Please do not interpret this as something completely different that what I've typed.

And for cursing, I'm sorry if you consider hell a curse word.




It was an odd issue but the food search worked well but only if I type in a word or say something it will take way longer than 30 seconds. Just wouldn't work and even say network is down after a few minutes. The web browser workes quickly and while using IE I can type anything in the bar and it then works as it should. I didn't have time to check in market place but by what was typed you still think that it was a network issue? Why doesn't it affect NoDo or IE from bring up the same results that it takes 5 minutes to find if it finds it at all?
all I did was say that im having NO issues whatsoever when I search. in fact I'm actually having less issues than I was when I was on NoDo. mango so far seems to be handling data transfer much better compared to NoDo when some things were slow even on WiFi.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #77 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 PM
esqueue's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Long Beach, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 629
Reputation: 591
esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there are some bugs but none with the search like @esqueue was pointing out.
I guess you were just talking about your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
all I did was say that im having NO issues whatsoever when I search. in fact I'm actually having less issues than I was when I was on NoDo. mango so far seems to be handling data transfer much better compared to NoDo when some things were slow even on WiFi.
That's good. Can't wait till it comes out. I hope to see a pocket irc program at the time of release. I do miss IE though. It allowed me to live stream some audio that I can't do on nodo.

Last edited by esqueue; 07-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 AM
dtrush's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)
Location: Sandy, Utah
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 273
Reputation: 405
dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

I had my first serious issue with Mango on Saturday. I was forced to hard reset the phone because I couldn't find a solution whatsoever whether by Google search or trial and error turning on switches or uninstalling programs.

I went to change out my battery as usual by just pulling the battery while the phone is on and slap in a charged one, power up and continue on. When the phone booted the vibrate function remained on immediately after the HTC post. The constant vibrate wouldn't turn off no matter what I tried. As you can well imagine this bug would not be one that could remain as it would drain the battery much faster and was annoying as hell with needing to hold the phone.

I was tempted to just reinstall NoDo again but figured I'd just give it another shot. I currently have my vibrate function turned off and plan on actually shutting down the phone before switching out the battery as a precaution that doesn't happen again.
__________________
RUNNING: Ansar 8773 18L Custom Rom! Page Plus Cellular via Verizon Wireless Network
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:45 AM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I had my first serious issue with Mango on Saturday. I was forced to hard reset the phone because I couldn't find a solution whatsoever whether by Google search or trial and error turning on switches or uninstalling programs.

I went to change out my battery as usual by just pulling the battery while the phone is on and slap in a charged one, power up and continue on. When the phone booted the vibrate function remained on immediately after the HTC post. The constant vibrate wouldn't turn off no matter what I tried. As you can well imagine this bug would not be one that could remain as it would drain the battery much faster and was annoying as hell with needing to hold the phone.

I was tempted to just reinstall NoDo again but figured I'd just give it another shot. I currently have my vibrate function turned off and plan on actually shutting down the phone before switching out the battery as a precaution that doesn't happen again.
the vibrate remained after even doing the soft resets and such? it may be a hardware issue because the vibrate occurs before the actual OS.but who knows
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 AM
DavidinCT's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Someplace in CT
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 3210
DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Watch your backups, Not sure what happend here, maybe when I upgraded Zune to 4.8 or when I reinstalled the old version. I needed roll back to Nodo to fix some issues and my backup is GONE (I know where it should be, I've been reading over XDA for the last day).

So my quest is on to find a Verizon HTC Trophy OEM rom to go back or when final comes out, I might be screwed.

As of today, no way possable to go back to NoDo for me
__________________
My Windows Media Center HTPC blog and site.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com