PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
my premangostate folder was a few GB in size. I also did my mango update in 4.7
Interesting, Your the first I have heard say that. Even with the MS process it's in the %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update folder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
This thread seems to have cooled down a bit which is good, let's keep it civil

I'm going to flash Mango on my HD2 tonight or tomorrow, I had to let someone borrow it while i fixed their iPhone.

Let's see how this thing runs on my rig with a custom theme and developer unlocked

Why is it the threads I start always have a battle in there someplace or another ???

Good luck with the install, install zune 4.8 before doing the upgrade for the backup.

Mine trophy is Dev unlocked too..Want to go back to Nodo to install some of the explorer apps, then upgrade to mango, You need to have those installed before going to mango, you can't install them after.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post

Good luck with the install, install zune 4.8 before doing the upgrade for the backup.

Mine trophy is Dev unlocked too..Want to go back to Nodo to install some of the explorer apps, then upgrade to mango, You need to have those installed before going to mango, you can't install them after.
WP7 on HD2 is a little different, we just cook our custom Mango ROM and flash it that way, and have the explorer apps cooked into the ROM as well as anything else we want, we can't upgrade thru Zune :S
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
WP7 on HD2 is a little different, we just cook our custom Mango ROM and flash it that way, and have the explorer apps cooked into the ROM as well as anything else we want, we can't upgrade thru Zune :S
Ah, this I did not know. I thought once you activated live services your phone was treated like a normal phone. Do you have to do that whole process for every rom (nuke your phone to flash a new rom) ? No upgrade path ?

If not I guess I am glad I have a true WP7 model. I get a new one tomorrow anyway, I have a dead pixel on my display
Old 07-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Ah, this I did not know. I thought once you activated live services your phone was treated like a normal phone. Do you have to do that whole process for every rom (nuke your phone to flash a new rom) ? No upgrade path ?

If not I guess I am glad I have a true WP7 model. I get a new one tomorrow anyway, I have a dead pixel on my display
looks like u lucked out on the backup situation then.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
looks like u lucked out on the backup situation then.
Yea, thank god...Don't worry, my process to mango will be different this time. I am even taking a full backup before I even touch the phone.

It will be backed up to 3 machines and burned to a DVD....I will not lose it again, trust me....

I still would like to have a image available, just in case tho...
Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

nkdevelopment is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just installed mango last night and my first impression is how FAST IT IS!=D> IE9 was definitely the best part. I was amazed how quick it is over wifi. (Faster than my work computer) Only dislike so far is the limit on number of people in groups. I haven't played with it much but am excited to see more all day.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:

No we cannot update thru Zune because we flash thru a custom bootloader.

Yes we have to flash a new ROM for every new ROM, but you don't flash new ROMs that often and we have tools to backup our xaps and things almost like UC or sashimi in WinMo so restoring isn't too hard, plus what's cool is that we can custom theme our tiles and keep our phones developer unlocked and of course dual-boot Android whenever we want!

stuff like this:

Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes we have to flash a new ROM for every new ROM, but you don't flash new ROMs that often and we have tools to backup our xaps and things almost like UC or sashimi in WinMo so restoring isn't too hard, plus what's cool is that we can custom theme our tiles and keep our phones developer unlocked and of course dual-boot Android whenever we want!
That is one thing I miss about my old TP2... 6.5 and Android, the best of both worlds. No question, I love WP7 and the flavor of mango just makes it that much better but, I do miss the tethering and some of the 6.5 apps/games that I can't get on Wp7.

With the HD2, you do get the best of all worlds, 6.5, Android and Wp7, so it would have all angles covered in my eyes (if you have Android or WP7, who cares about the iPhoney).

If I could of gotten a HD2 on Verizon (only carrer who has good coverage in my area, T-Mobile and Sprint are the worst), I would of gotten one a long time ago.

It's a nice phone(HD2) and the true Multi-OS is one feature I would love to have... Once the bootloader is cracked on WP7 devices, those days might come to everyone....but, intill then, mango will keep me happy.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM

Actually Cotulla has already cracked the HD7 RSPL and supposedly got an Android Sense 3.0 ROM flashed onto it, probably just perfecting it now

Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 PM

here's the video of the HD7 running Android Sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3hT...layer_embedded
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions